E400 AMG Coupe

400ixl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E250 AMG Sport Convertible
Don't forget that they have long doors and are a pig to get out of in supermarket type car parks :)

This is why they have the much better looking convertibles. Much easier to get out of with the roof down, door length isn't as much of an issue at all.

And you don't have to look at that botch of a rear side window in the Coupe.

No bias of course ;)

OP
Capra

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 2013 C350 CDI Pan roof
Just as I thought, her in doors said, "you can forget about that". I have enough time to make her see sense.

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
Just as I thought, her in doors said, "you can forget about that". I have enough time to make her see sense.
A few thoughts that might help your case:
1) “it’s only the same size engine as our present car”
2) “but it’s a nice clean petrol which costs less than diesel and we won’t have to pay more to enter Cities”
3) “it’s not one of those silly AMG models”
4) “the doors are bigger and easier to get in and out of” (although, as Andy says, they can be a pain in tight spots and I much prefer my four door now).

I’m sure John will have some words of wisdom to add from his vast experience ;)

Edit - and point one out when you see one because they are stunning cars.

OP
Capra

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A few thoughts that might help your case:
1) “it’s only the same size engine as our present car”
2) “but it’s a nice clean petrol which costs less than diesel and we won’t have to pay more to enter Cities”
3) “it’s not one of those silly AMG models”
4) “the doors are bigger and easier to get in and out of” (although, as Andy says, they can be a pain in tight spots and I much prefer my four door now).

I’m sure John will have some words of wisdom to add from his vast experience ;)

Edit - and point one out when you see one because they are stunning cars.
Thanks mate, very useful points. My fault really, if I had waited longer I just could have got one. When I joined this forum I just wanted a MB, and didn't really know anything about the whole AMG thing, now I know slightly more.

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
Don't forget that they have long doors and are a pig to get out of in supermarket type car parks :)

So true ........I'd like to buy my son's E53 AMG Coupe when it comes off lease for my wife - first question she asked "how many doors" - she's has a couple of 2 door cars that we have owned and is not a fan due to the size of the doors.

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Even if it's pouring rain I park at the remotest spot possible in supermarket car parks.

And then some A-hole parks his heap of junk six inches away from your car so you can't get in, it's sods law !! :(:rolleyes:

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
If you drop to all fours in the gap , you can normally crawl out :rolleyes:

dry run

Reaction score
Website
kb-boatpark.co.uk
Your Mercedes
CLS 350d AMG LIne Premium Plus
As a gentleman owner oif an E-coupe, I could not possibly be seen in one of those "supermarket car parks" of which you speak,

Plenty of parking at the Farm Shop and plenty of space at the Fish Market and the Ocado delivery man knows to keep well clear when he delivers. :)

OP
Capra

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
As a gentleman owner oif an E-coupe, I could not possibly be seen in one of those "supermarket car parks" of which you speak,

Plenty of parking at the Farm Shop and plenty of space at the Fish Market and the Ocado delivery man knows to keep well clear when he delivers. :)
Well said Sir.

OP
Capra

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
333bhp out the box and probably knocking 400bhp with a bit of fettling , proper Q car I reckon
I think you're right, I would tell the wife but she goes cross eyed when I mention the three letters "BHP".

flowrider

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 (R230)
I looked at a couple of E400 coupes 18 months ago before I bought my Audi S5, I liked them a lot but at the time I really needed a 4 door car and the S5 had the added versatility of being a hatchback.

OP
Capra

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I looked at a couple of E400 coupes 18 months ago before I bought my Audi S5, I liked them a lot but at the time I really needed a 4 door car and the S5 had the added versatility of being a hatchback.
You can get them fairly cheap as well, i wonder of the 2 door and 2+2 seats pushes the price down compared to other brands with 5 doors and 5 seats?

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom