E55 accident.....

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
Just cannot believe my bad luck. After 4 days of ownership, driving home this evening a Ford Transit van reversed , at speed out of a side road and hit me on the nsf. The damage is extensive and I think a new door, new rear panel, new alloy, possible sill damage may cover it.

The only good thing is the other driver admitted responsibility and rang his insurer on the spot to report the accident and his fault.

My worst nightmare scenario then came as I rang the insurance company. They couldn't have been better. Fortunately, One Call are only brokers and I'm with Commercial Legal who say as a non fault accident it should be dealt with within 24/48hrs and a courtesy car delivered as well.
I need to find out where the car is being repaired as I believe I still have a final say on where it goes despite the insurance company saying otherwise.

What a bl00dy mess and none of it my fault!

Attachments

• SNV30476.jpg
    SNV30476.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 218
  • SNV30475.jpg
    SNV30475.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 193
  • SNV30473.jpg
    SNV30473.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 190
  • SNV30472.jpg
    SNV30472.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 181

Corned

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 S211 E320CDI Avantgarde
I think the date needs updating on your camera!

On a more serious note, I'm pleased your InsCo seem to be on the case. Trust you to test whether they're any good or not right from the outset! :D

There's a few quids-worth of damage there as well, no doubt. Hope everyone comes good for you, and you're soon sorted.

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
I need to find out where the car is being repaired as I believe I still have a final say on where it goes despite the insurance company saying otherwise.

You do, unfortunately insurers make it difficult to take your car to other than their authorised repairers eg no courtesy car. But as it's the third party's insurer they should ensure that at the end it, you should be in the same position as you were before the clown reversed & hit you.

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
Sorry to see this AM.....

Our guy is in Shirley in sotton if you want a quote, he is a top man and does all our work.....

Benzworx

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 55 amg
New door and new rear Q/panel repair and paint the rest

100%Bitch

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
215 CL600, 216 Facelift CL500, 172 SLK55, Nissan Cube, R170 SLK230 & an Auto Trail Comanche.
Oh, that does look nasty.

OP
AMGeed

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
Sorry to see this AM.....

Our guy is in Shirley in sotton if you want a quote, he is a top man and does all our work.....

Thanks Col. I was going to call you tomorrow to bring her in for a check over.
Best I leave for now I think:D

I'll see what the insurance co' assessor says.

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
Thanks Col. I was going to call you tomorrow to bring her in for a check over.
Best I leave for now I think:D

I'll see what the insurance co' assessor says.

No worries AM.

Look forward to seeing her when she looks her best again........

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
it is up to you to take the car where you think it will get the best quality repair, you should be talking tot the third party insurance company and telling them what you want..They nor your own insurance company have any right to send your car to anyone other than your preferred repairer..
As for a hire vehicle you are entitled to a similar car to your own until yours is repaired to your satisfaction...
Make sure your car has a full suspension check and a four wheel alignment before it goes back on the road

DSB SL AMG

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
300SL (R129 1992 Pre-Facelift), Volvo V70 D5 SE Auto
Sorry to hear the news....make sure you get the best repair people for the job!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
What bad luck,,, Colin's guy is very good and as above, rear panel and door, possible inner panel and wheel. I would think the suspension is untouched, but have it chacked

obduro

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL55
Terrible luck! Hopefully it comes out looking good as new.

OP
AMGeed

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
A lot has transpired since last nights accident! The guilty party rang me at 8 30am apologising again and informing me his insurance co' NFU were on the case.

NFU were indeed on the case as around 10am I has a call from someone there who advised me they would take care of all my damage with one of their appointed garages and also arrange a courtesy car of similar type:shock:

I was however still awaiting a call from either my company (One call) or the people who took my accident details from last night, Commercial & Legal.

In the meantime I had found my misplaced paper section of my driving licence only to find I had declared no convictions in the past 5 years. Wrong! The one I thought was spent expires on 05/10/13 :Oops: so another call to One call where I have been relieved of £74 inc admin fees to add the sp30 and 3pts to my record.
When I think about it, I have been damn lucky. Had that accident been my fault, I may have found my insurance company rejecting my claim on account of my past record not being declared. Stupid on my side and it won't happen again.

My day was now about to take another downturn when Commercial & Legal finally decided to get out of bed and call me. All was going well until I mentioned that NFU had contacted me. The C&L lady stopped immediately and informed me she couldn't assist anymore due to a " code of conduct" between insurance companies and the fact the other parties insurance contacted me first. Beware C&L as I believe them to be a bunch of ambulance chasers.
She learnt a few new swear words I think:confused:

Feeling really depressed, I thought the best option for me, considering I know the garage that NFU were intending to send my car, was to call them and hear their offer more thoroughly instead of waiting for what has been a p1ss poor service from One Call.

NFU couldn't have been better. Garage contacted with my details and a like for like cortesy car until mine is repaired to my satisfaction. Reading the customer comments, I'm going with it. http://www.woodville-stretton.co.uk/guestbook/

Waiting now for hire care company to call me when they have sourced a suitable car. Woodford Stretton are picking up the E55 this afternoon.

Edit One Call have just rung me...at last and still haven't instructed anyone to look at the car. More interested in what I think is an offshoot business C&L has to say. No way are they dealing with the Merc.

I'll update thread as necessary.

Thanks again to everyone for their good wishes:D

GregMVF4

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2015 E63 AMG S Estate, 2012 Panigale S Tricolore, 2016 SL400 Edition, '00 MVF4750, '07 MVF41000R,
:(

Hope it works out OK - seems like you're 'lucky' that NFU at least seem to be on the ball!

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
Blimey what a pain! Sorry to hear this so quickly after getting it!

Sent from a mobile device

OP
AMGeed

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
Hire car has arrived. It's an X5.A 3ltr oil burner at that! I'll give myself a severe talking to if I like it:D
Awaiting the RAC engineer to give the go ahead to repair the E55. Estimate from the garage is around a week. It's going to be a long week:(

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom