E63 Bi Turbo Service plan

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
The B2 service in 30 days message popped up on the cluster today, so after a lot of thought, I've decided to take out a 3 year 3 service plan.
By paying £1497 upfront, I've saved almost £400 and kept both main dealer service history and Mobilo for the next 3 years.

I did toy with the idea of going with my indy, but I know this B2 service includes an ATF change and air filters, next years A service will need brake fluid changed and the last B service will include a spark plug change. The B2 service coming up is in the region of £750 on its own.
Fortunately I have had dealings with Sandown Poole main dealership over the last 10 years and I find them extremely good. They are also a dedicated AMG service centre.

I made sure the ATF was included whilst taking out the service plan and asked that no engine ECU update is carried out, wiping the map done at MSL.
Any transmission or software updates required and I'll be phoned to confirm they can be carried out before going ahead.

I also enquired about updating the 2014 Comand map which should have been done free of charge by the previous owner, and at least be the 2017 version. They will do the update to the latest 2020 V19 map with Pin# for £99. I'm happy with that and have that on the job card as well.
Waiting until 14th Sept to have it done (still within the 30 day reminder) as there are no courtesy cars available until then. I was advised to take one as the service could take a long while with the map update as well.
Just need to remind them on the day not to wash the car after seeing this on my way out!

20200817_170647[1].jpg

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
The B2 service in 30 days message popped up on the cluster today, so after a lot of thought, I've decided to take out a 3 year 3 service plan.
By paying £1497 upfront, I've saved almost £400 and kept both main dealer service history and Mobilo for the next 3 years.

I did toy with the idea of going with my indy, but I know this B2 service includes an ATF change and air filters, next years A service will need brake fluid changed and the last B service will include a spark plug change. The B2 service coming up is in the region of £750 on its own.
Fortunately I have had dealings with Sandown Poole main dealership over the last 10 years and I find them extremely good. They are also a dedicated AMG service centre.

I made sure the ATF was included whilst taking out the service plan and asked that no engine ECU update is carried out, wiping the map done at MSL.
Any transmission or software updates required and I'll be phoned to confirm they can be carried out before going ahead.

I also enquired about updating the 2014 Comand map which should have been done free of charge by the previous owner, and at least be the 2017 version. They will do the update to the latest 2020 V19 map with Pin# for £99. I'm happy with that and have that on the job card as well.
Waiting until 14th Sept to have it done (still within the 30 day reminder) as there are no courtesy cars available until then. I was advised to take one as the service could take a long while with the map update as well.
Just need to remind them on the day not to wash the car after seeing this on my way out!

View attachment 61282

Can't quite make out what it was you saw there Roger :)

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)

View attachment 61282
At least it’s not a bucket and sponge

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009

View attachment 61282
A few people leave a dashboard note to not wash the car ....in 10 languages :rolleyes:

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
Good stuff, you did see the 20% discount deal right on the service plans. I took one out on my W251, bargain

fabes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E400 Coupe
Not a cheap car to run then, but what a car!

Just watch for the brake pads at 60% being "due for a change sir' mularkey. ..

sonic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI, SLC250d, FJR 1300
I have done the same with the 20% discount as my services are B-A-B.

OP
AMGeed

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
Not a cheap car to run then, but what a car!

Just watch for the brake pads at 60% being "due for a change sir' mularkey. ..

I'm ahead of them J.
Already bought them and waiting for the sensor to remind me.

OP
AMGeed

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
I have done the same with the 20% discount as my services are B-A-B.

So are mine. It will still be dearer than an indy, but I keep Mobilio and FMDSH which may count when selling on in years to come.

badger_wazzala

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
63 AMG
Decent price. I'd struggle to trust others with my pride and joy though.

Also, the thought of someone else washing my car and out of sight makes me feel sick. I always speak to the manager and get reassurance my car won't be touched. Sounds precious, but one silly little ****** washed my alloy wheels with a brush once (on my Audi) and dragged all of the grit from inside the wheels out and then around and around the faces of the alloys.
I almost imploded with rage.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone

Also, the thought of someone else washing my car and out of sight makes me feel sick. I always speak to the manager and get reassurance my car won't be touched. Sounds precious, but one silly little ****** washed my alloy wheels with a brush once (on my Audi) and dragged all of the grit from inside the wheels out and then around and around the faces of the alloys.
Not silly or precious at all- as I keep saying to the FPO here (Fun Prevention Officer, otherwise known as ‘er indoors) There ain’t no-one else going to pay to fix any of my stuff that gets broken or damaged!

OP
AMGeed

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K

Not silly or precious at all- as I keep saying to the FPO here (Fun Prevention Officer, otherwise known as ‘er indoors) There ain’t no-one else going to pay to fix any of my stuff that gets broken or damaged!

I agree, not precious at all. The dealer will be warned beforehand not to wash the car.
This will be the very first main dealer service I've had on any of the 4 Mercedes I've owned. Always been indy maintained in the past.

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom