E63 Insurance Go Compare v Money Supermarket

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
That can reduce the premium by quite a bit.

My Granddaughter added her Partner to her policy and it went up £30. He has a clean driving record too, they both have. She is 24 and he is 26, both professional people. :confused:

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sold - 2021 CLA 35 Premium.
I believe that adding a named driver to a policy has the greatest chance of reducing the premium when the policy holder is young and/or inexperienced and the named driver is older with a good driving record.
A perfect example of this is when a young person adds a parent to their policy and the premium becomes cheaper. The reason for this is that the driving is assumed to be shared so there is less risk to the insurance company when the parent is driving.
Generally speaking though when adding a named driver to a policy where the holder has a proven good record the cost will either stay the same or most likely increase. The more people who drive a car the greater the risk to an insurance company.

Paul Garrett

Reaction score
I believe that adding a named driver to a policy has the greatest chance of reducing the premium when the policy holder is young and/or inexperienced and the named driver is older with a good driving record.
A perfect example of this is when a young person adds a parent to their policy and the premium becomes cheaper. The reason for this is that the driving is assumed to be shared so there is less risk to the insurance company when the parent is driving.
Generally speaking though when adding a named driver to a policy where the holder has a proven good record the cost will either stay the same or most likely increase. The more people who drive a car the greater the risk to an insurance company.
I once asked Hastings how much to put my wife on my policy? It was double!! Huh? Maybe because she is Polish and only driven here 8 years? So not much driving history here? , anyway the amount of times she would drive the beast is maybe a couple of times a year so not worth it, plus she would be a bit wary of driving it as she would be scared of pranging it and writing it off, she had a Merc in Poland but nothing like the power and performance like my one so she happy to not drive it

sonic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI, SLC250d, FJR 1300
I am mid 70's & I am on my sisters & sister in laws car insurance. Both late 60's & single, reduced the premium on both.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Just got my renewal through from Hastings

Last year £335

This year £329

Lloyds (via moneysupermarket) £250

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom