E63S

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Cl500, shitron dispatch
Ha! I used Carwow too. Also got my S63 Coupe from them after being told by Manager at local AMG dealership that "they don't give discounts". The 7 grand I save on that one paid for insurance and petrol for the year I had it (I am fickle and it just wasn't big enough in the end). Why don't I collect yours from Grimsby, you mine from Cardiff and we'll meet up in Birmingham for the exchange LOL
and how did you feel about the S63 after a year with it ? its on my radar when Im ready to change the CL pal

OP
snipez999

snipez999

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
18MY E63S AMG W213
Was my first AMG and had just come off 2 years with a Bentley Continental V8S. Found it a bit bonkers to be honest! The quality of finish was b good but not Bentley standard; however it was more of a drivers car. Just got to me eventually about putting down that much power through the rears; it tends to rain a lot up North and though stability control v good it was tricky at times. Driver aids all spot on though and saved my bacon on several occasions (the bit which steers you away/applies brakes and stiffens seatbelt) when people were about to T Bone me on roundabouts! In the end it was a bit too small for my liking as I have growing twins, but definitely a top drivers car. The E63 is bonkers and a bit more plus it’s 4 wheel drive and has enough room for kids, clubs et al so v much looking forwards to running her in ASAP and hitting the launch control mmmmm

OP
snipez999

snipez999

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
18MY E63S AMG W213
Bottom!!
Just had update email from dealer:
I have carried out a factory check this morning on your vehicle and the eta is showing 15th March with a production date of 23rd February.
Oh well. At least by then I'd have mostly recovered from my foot op and be able to tilt my right foot forwards a bit more ;-)

E63S

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E63S W213
Bottom!!
I have carried out a factory check this morning on your vehicle and the eta is showing 15th March with a production date of 23rd February.
Oh well. At least by then I'd have mostly recovered from my foot op and be able to tilt my right foot forwards a bit more ;-)

Oh gosh. I’m too scared to ask my dealer for an update now.

OP
snipez999

snipez999

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
18MY E63S AMG W213
Doubtless it'll be about juggling build slots within their group. Still, at least it's definately on an 18 plate now (or would be if I didnt have a silly personal plate to put on it).

E63S

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E63S W213
Bottom!!
Is your car still on schedule to be built tomorrow?

OP
snipez999

snipez999

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
18MY E63S AMG W213
Havent heard anything to the contrary from dealer. You heard something??

E63S

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E63S W213
Havent heard anything to the contrary from dealer. You heard something??
Mine was supposed to be built on 15/02, but on that day I got told it had been delayed to 23/02, with an estimated delivery date of 15/03. I spoke to the chap at the dealership yesterday, and he said it was still showing a build date of 23/02. However, there still wasn’t a production number attached to it, so it might be subject to change. That said, there were no notifications about a shortage of parts, so you never know what might happen. Hopefully it was simply delayed due to the strikes in Germany at the start of this month. Fingers crossed for good news tomorrow for both of us I guess...

Last edited:
OP
snipez999

snipez999

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
18MY E63S AMG W213
Ah well at least that brings us both into the same date line now - possibly a good thing?! My dealer said she’d get back to me tomorrow

OP
snipez999

snipez999

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
18MY E63S AMG W213
Just this second had an email from her: What we can do is just after the 2nd March is check where we are with ETA’s as this is the confirmed production date.

E63S

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E63S W213
Just this second had an email from her: What we can do is just after the 2nd March is check where we are with ETA’s as this is the confirmed production date.
So she’s now saying your production date is 02/03??

OP
snipez999

snipez999

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
18MY E63S AMG W213
Looks that way. So build date 23 rd and production date (I assume that means build completed date) of 2nd then waiting to get shipped across and PDId for 15th or thereabouts?

OP
snipez999

snipez999

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
18MY E63S AMG W213
I’m getting confused with the terminology I think! May be a weeks delay she is actually talking about <sigh>

E63S

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E63S W213
Looks that way. So build date 23 rd and production date (I assume that means build completed date) of 2nd then waiting to get shipped across and PDId for 15th or thereabouts?

No idea. They seem to use different terminology in order to try to cover up just how bad the organisation is in the factories. It beggars belief that we’ve had to wait so long for these cars, and I’m really starting to get the hump now.

What really wind me up is the fact that there are so many “nearly new” E63S on autotrader, with very low mileage on them. They’ve obviously been ordered by the dealerships as demos, but the mileage suggests that they’ve either not been test driven that much, or the sales director fancied having a fast car to play with at weekends. What ever happened to each franchise only having one model of each AMG as a demonstrator and sharing it around? They’re ****ing off customers for the sake of having a shiny demonstrator sitting outside. That’s what’s eating up the UK allocation on these, and that’s why we’ve been waiting ages and STILL have no firm idea when we might get our cars.

E63S

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E63S W213
Also, if it’s being built on 02/03, I’d say there’s zero possibility of it being ready to collect on 15/03. The delivery dates they quote are the dates the expect the cars to arrive with them, NOT the date we can expect to drive away. Add another 2-3 days on to the delivery date for PDI etc.

OP
snipez999

snipez999

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
18MY E63S AMG W213
I know what bembo means. I looked at a number of ultra low mileage ‘available now’ cars but couldn’t find colour and spec combo which suited. It’s still annoying that dealers give us the old runaround given the amount of money we are waiting to part with!

keefysher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W166 GLE350AMG Line 3.0 2017. BMW Z3 2.8 1998.
I know what bembo means. I looked at a number of ultra low mileage ‘available now’ cars but couldn’t find colour and spec combo which suited. It’s still annoying that dealers give us the old runaround given the amount of money we are waiting to part with!

As one individual buyer of one single car you are at the bottom of the food chain. The sooner you accept that the better. Your self righteous ranting on the internet won't change that and it's doubtful it will actually make you feel better, it won't change that you'll get your car when it's ready.

It's only a bit of metal that is en vogue now, after all.

My first ever individual new car 20 years ago, always had company cars or stock before that, was delayed in part to the unique colour scheme. As it turned out it enabled me to get a personal plate to suit it, was the next years registration. I still grinned from ear to ear as I drove it out of the dealer and through the streets of London one bright, sunny, hot afternoon with the roof off. Made it more than worthwhile. :):)

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Cl500, shitron dispatch
I appreciate the cost pal but to sell more of these they need to get the DEMOs out to dealers asap , the spec doesn't really matter but to a private owner who's ordered specific things , the build wont be as prompt , just saying , im sure if you'd just ordered a base spec one it would have turned up sooner

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom