Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded

roadhog

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 300D x2, C124 300
Sprint booster was covered a while back when 100% asked about them. My opinion then and now is that they are a complete waste of money. I got one for my other car and took it off after a short while as it turned the throttle into an on/off switch. I've since sold it on via a forum and the guy who bought is is raving about it. Make sense of that. :rolleyes:

clive-cls

Banned
Reaction score
The Spint booster dose nothing more than increase throttle sensitivity if your looking for more power and MPG a remap / tuning box is the way to go.

As for the "feel" my local MB specalist had a remap carried out by a large remapping firm in the midlands (no names) the vehicle had the feeling of being very quick but this was not the case the car was running almost 1 bar of extra boost , sooner or later this would have blown the turbo to bit's . GCL had the vehicle sorted within a day several different maps were made to get it perfect but in the end it was an animal 12 MPH quicker in a 1/4 mile .

Clive

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Sprint booster was covered a while back when 100% asked about them. My opinion then and now is that they are a complete waste of money. I got one for my other car and took it off after a short while as it turned the throttle into an on/off switch. I've since sold it on via a forum and the guy who bought is is raving about it. Make sense of that. :rolleyes:

Yes I have heard this before, just thought that if brabus wants to enjoy the kick all the time then that would give it too him cheaply

clive-cls

Banned
Reaction score
I think you're throwing your money away but don't let that stop you. :D

I don't see how the TÜV approval would apply to a custom map but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

Edit, I've just had a look around their site and some of their statements seem a bit tenuous to me. Like the claim that a re-map "shouldn't" affect your existing warranty. I wouldn't like to put that to the test.

I can't find any T&C for their 3 year warranty, personally I'd want to study that in detail before handing over any of my hard earned.

I had the same concerns .

My understanding is -

The TUV is obtained by sending the software off , to be checked before being loaded to the vehicle .

As for the remap not affecting your warranty i think this is due to the fact it will be very unlikly to be found due to being custom meaning the file name the same ie merc name and not the tuner name.

Please correct me if i am wrong (this may not be 100% correct please check with GCL)

Clive

roadhog

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 300D x2, C124 300
I had the same concerns .

My understanding is -

The TUV is obtained by sending the software off , to be checked before being loaded to the vehicle .

Is that based on what you know or what you assume? I'm sorry but I don't believe any of that. German TÜV organisation standing by. "Hold all work, GCL are on the phone......" Unlikely but as I said before it's not going to keep me awake. :)

As for the remap not affecting your warranty i think this is due to the fact it will be very unlikly to be found due to being custom meaning the file name the same ie merc name and not the tuner name.

More urban myths, usually perpetuated by the more unscrupulous tuners out there. ALL maps can be found by the manufacturers, end of. Even when you remove them there will be evidence that the software had been altered. In any case, saying that they can't detect the map is very different from saying that a map does not affect your warranty. Does not getting caught shoplifting make it legal? :)

Please correct me if i am wrong (this may not be 100% correct please check with GCL)

Clive

Please don't get me wrong, I've no axe to grind here either way. I do like to see people go into things like this with their eyes open though. You've had your car mapped by them and you're obviously happy with it. See my earlier post about people defending their choice of map. :lol:

*Thumper

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 CDi (09)
Some girls do ........ some girls dont ............ some girls need a lot of lovin'.......... and some girls won't !!!!

Time for my ten penneth ...... you have the car, so you must have the doh !! ..... so what the hell ..get it done!! .

And don't forget to tell us all about it........

David-Butter

Reaction score
Website
www.sntuning.com
Your Mercedes
mercedes CLS 320CDI , landrover discovery 3.0 twin turbo and Ferrari F430 Scud
After 5 pages i managed to find the end,

TUV only apply's to Germany this means nothing in the UK. Ok yes it is a good to have but it has no value in the UK. TUV is a "standard" more of a marketing punch.

KEESEY

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK55AMG+
"Rolling Roads" Tuning

Hi Members

Ive just been to TDI in lakeside (Torque Developments) and had two runs on their rotor dyno for my CLK55 AMG 03

Having put the car in dyno mode myself (wow) they carried out a good job in a professional manner for £90+vat

The guys have good knowledge of tuning as they look after many other cars and racing teams and the print outs reflect a very true reading of HP-Torque at the hubs......you will see a loss in numbers maybe 15-17%

Cheers

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom