Edc Light On 311 Cdi Any Ideas??

derek burns

Reaction score
edc

had same prob with my 311 you need to change your filter merc part only like the first reply said good luck db

Mercedes237

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes sprinter 308 2003
Edc nonsense

Hi...
So the edc light on my 2003 lwb 308 sprinter comes on every hundred miles or so, along with the water in fuel light. And loss of power
I have replaced the fuel filter.
If I drain the fuel filter from the tap nothing comes out but there is a hiss... A vacuum.
If I do this the light goes out if not it stays on.... Is this the ecu or filter?
Thanks

SleepyC84

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2001 Mercedes Sprinter 208CDI
Have had this same problem recently, driving to MOT my van suddenly stalls with EDC lighting up, got the van home and found air in the fuel lines. I have put on a new fuel filter, new fuel feed valve on top the filter, new sealing washers on the fuel pressure regulator on the back of the fuel rail, have pulled off all fuel lines engine side and replaced all sealing rubbers but still pulling air

Sat n thought about it for a bit, went n got an in line electric fuel pump and a can of fuel, disconnected the fuel line from the fuel tank and connected the electric pump being fed from the fuel can, spot on no more air bubbles in the fuel lines so either the line from the fuel tank is damaged or the fuel pickup filter in the tank is clogged

Will investigate it tomorrow and write an update once done

Air bubbles are gone from fuel lines but still wont start as the EDC light is on permanently, anyone know how i can clear the EDC fault without having to pay £55 for mercedes to plug it in and clear the fault for me?

Dizoaks

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A140 200 1397cc 82hp
Firstly thank you for inviting me onto your site. I own a 2001 Sprinter LWB love it but it has been stopping on me lately. The EDC Light comes on engine cuts out while i'm travelling and it will not start again for a while but does eventually. I have enjoyed tinkering and lerning along the way with all the possible EDC errors. I do not own a diog kit nor have i paid to have it checked. I have been told errors from a EDC warning are many and could cost a lot so i try to find the problems myself. In the past to repair the EDC warning light, replaced the pipe between the Turbo and the pressure vessel, the seal ring kit in the common rail pressure sensor, crank sensor, fuel filter, one time had the ECU replaced (think i was ripped off this time) replace the earth cable although the cable had good connections for some reasom the braids in the wire had built up crap around them and it led to the lead failing! I have been told today to try the spare key if i have one as the key chip sometimes fails and thinks someone is steeling your van so turns everything off even when your travelling round the M25! so going to tryu this.

Could anyone give me any more pointers to my EDC light coming on and cutting my engine out when ever it feels like it

Thanks Diz

Tinderbox

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sprinter 208 CDI MWB 2001
I am having EDC problems. EDC light came on ages ago and left me rolling into the hard shoulder M6. Been 2 months now. Changed crank and cam sensor, changed the electric plugs on the injectors, dropped the fuel tank and changed fuel lines, changed fuel filter, tried cold start spray and cranking the bastard thing over and over again to shift any potential air locks. Just bought a Haynes manual hoping to get some insight.

Thing is, I would like to run a diagnostic scanner but have been told that an OBDII based scanner wont work. Anyone know what scanner I need for the 14pin round connection on a 2001 208cdi?

Top Bottom