EGR Poll - If removed/blocked, did you notice a difference?

Did you notice any difference? And what was it if you did?

• Total voters

silestanix

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
97' C250TD Sport
I paid a visit to WG-MB today to show them my W202 after it's recent cosmetic work and all it refurbish (and wash, wax yada yada).

After discussing improvements the topic of EGR came up and we were talking about benefits from removing it, better low down power, less smoke etc.

People ask on the forum all the time about EGR and benefits and that's spread across many many different thread and posts. So mainly to gather that information in one place and out of interest really, I'd like to see what members have experienced after they've blocked/deleted their EGR. If it's not on the Poll then please mention it in your post.

Thank you!

Harry.

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
when I did mine on the 203, I cant say I really noticed any difference. there wasn't much crud to start with and for me, it was more a preventative thing than something that actually needed doing, so ive voted no difference

oigle

Reaction score
Website
members.optusnet.com.au
Your Mercedes
2003 ML270 sold but not forgotten. 2022 Kia EV6 RWD LR
Better throttle response and more boost at lower revs. No more ultimate power. No smoke.... Slower warmup but eventual op temp same (therm controlled) Manifold stays clean and flaps don't jam up with crud. Flap seals stay lubed and don't wear out from crud and don't leak oil.
Ian.

M80

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 639 Viano- 651, 5sp Auto. 2009 S211- 646, 5sp Auto.
I've disconnected and removed the mod from the Vito to reduce possible confusion for a future owner as I'm selling it soon.

Yep, it now spools up the turbo later so doesn't feel quite as spritely, there is less grunt low down.
I had forgotten the downside of the slower warm up and found that was very noticeable on the Vito. I haven't really compared since removal but when fitted the engine would be very slow to pass 70+, and even when it had reached 85 the temperature would drop again when not loaded. It's been through 2 new stats to try and eliminate this.

I'm hoping not to keep the van long enough to compare fuel economy over a significant distance.

monkeh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007/8 Chrysler, 300c, OM642 lump
Yes. Maybe though, I had a big list of issues when I got round to it.
Now, I have definite quieter running on cruise and idle, Less smoke when gunning it when rolling and noticeable decrease in consumption, with a quicker time in getting to 'average' consumption.
Oil, Remained cleaner for longer, with maybe 1000 miles before it eventually turned totally black.

I do have a little puff of smoke at take off, but that is due to swirl flaps removal. The amount of sludge on my inlet manifolds was/were? quite a shock when I stripped it down and cleaned out the system.
Running a 300c, OM642, De-dpf'd, Remapped, Big intercooler, No EGR, with 128K on the clock.

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.
On an E320cdi w210...noticeably smoother and seemed more power low down.

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom