"EL, Power Control EPC Visit Workshop

ishane84

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C270 2003 CDI
Hi,

This is my first ever post in a forum. Also this I my first ever MB.

I have recently purchased a 2003 C270 CDI Avantgarde.

I love the car! However there are a couple of issues.

I recently added a dose of REDEX-Diesel into a full tank of fuel; Since then there has been an "eggy" smell when I cold start the engine. I'm not sure if this is a problem as the car was performing fine?

However, today whilst driving (still on the same tank of fuel), I quickly pressed the accelerator peddle and a warning came up on the dash.

"EL, Power Control EPC Visit Workshop"

It only lasted a few seconds and then the car began to accelerate. The car still drives fine apart from if I accelerate too quickly.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading.

Steve@Avantgarde

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.avantgarde-automotive.co.uk
Your Mercedes
E300 Coupe AMG Line PP/NE, SLR McLaren Roadster, SL55 & C32AMG
This is usually worn injector nozzles. Have a leak off test done and a smooth running quantity correction check done with someone who has STAR.

franci

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c200 year 2000-2001
It could be the sexsor on the pedal gas broke down.it costs about 120 euro.but first you must checked at the star.i wrote this because my cousine has the same malfunction in dashboard EPC ,checked at the STAR and was this problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WG M-B

Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C63 Wagon in black
A star test is the way forward. Any of the replies you have received could give similar symptoms

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom