Electric cars

Kev555

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 vito 113 CDI OM651 W639 panel van
Just thought I would put a piccy of my first ever brand new EV car.
View attachment 68989 View attachment 68991 View attachment 68990
Only put 600 miles on it so far, really pleased with it, had to take it back last week to have the option alloys fitted as they were on back order.
Also had tints fitted all round
Test Drove one of these last year severnless and was very impressed what you got for the money. I drove it like I would my own car with air con on all the time and not attempting to conserve electrical power and only got 180 miles to the charge but with a bit of training according to others you'd have no bother getting 200+ miles from a charge. Only issue I found was it was a bit prone to steaming up with the HVAC system. Due to lack of public charging infrastructure in NI we eventually went for the HS PHEV. Car arrived two weeks ago after 6 month wait and already due to our proximity to wife's work who's the regular driver we have made significant savings running on full EV mode. I bought a Hypervolt Charger as I got caught out not realising the grant was ending in March but ended up saving money by doing it myself as I'm wary of Gov grants saving money anyways. Very impressed by the charger and company gives a £50 discount to NHS workers which we have taken advantage of with the wife being an NHS employee. We also Saved buying the car as with the Gov EV grant and MG's Infinity scheme for NHS workers, Emergency service workers and any companies with over 500 employees as far as I can remember about the scheme details left the new car on the street at 27K with a 7 year warranty. We would have spent in the region of 20-22K purchasing a diesel vehicle so being wary of anything Chinese the temptation was too much to resist at the new car price. Car is very comfortable and only issue ive found so far is prob 4th gear change which theres a terrible lag taking forever to shift but hopefully sorted in the future with a software update. I was taking to a friend visiting from Aussie last night and I mentioned the car, Apparently MG has been out there a longer and he told me "keep it two years and get shot of it" LOL

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
Completely different experience to the i3 I was using. That was down to an indicated 65 mile range at 3.5 years old, it would then drop to ~30 mile range as soon as you drove it
Same batteries run grand till one morning u try to use and full flat and won't take a charge

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
About time too, EV's to attract RFL as from this coming April. That could render them the most expensive cars to own depending on what level of RFL is imposed :D

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
I'd agree with you, but the rest of the world has different ideas these days, hence my descent from 5.5 V8 Bi Turbo to PHEV....there are worse places to be to be honest
Like the car, at least ur always getting home. Just don't like the costs and I see duracell are now taxed as of April. I sure hydrogen will blow duracell away, but not in next decade no doubt greens will say they will flood the world!!

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I couldn't buy an MG as it's made in China now and I am limiting what I buy from China....
. Never looked China mg, but generally I only buy Chinese if the intent is to use it once.

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Any electric car worth buying has to be desirable and of high performance for me to take a second glance. These kind of electric cars (Porsche Panamera for example) are very heavily priced compared to the petrol turbo variants so a false economy in my opinion unless you keep it for life.
If you’re buying electric it’s to save money, so just simply buy the cheapest option available and skip the extra costs on luxuries.

cars like the Dacia duster make me sick in my mouth a little when I see them on the road, but they have an audience as people buy them. Same with electric cars unless it’s an industry leading Tesla.
I had a duster full spec auto on w, end demo a while back. Interior pretty basic but it does as indicated on box. I ended up spending same on used ml250 which whilst a nice place to be, just is not reliable and duster prob more so

They have a large following, cos cheap, reliable little in way of dtf and reasonable to run and service. I by no means sure I made correct choice

Reactions: DSK

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
About time too, EV's to attract RFL as from this coming April. That could render them the most expensive cars to own depending on what level of RFL is imposed :D

Yup, can't see why they were also exempt from the "Premium Car Tax" (For cars over £40k) of £355 for the first 5 years in the first place

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
I had a duster full spec auto on w, end demo a while back. Interior pretty basic but it does as indicated on box. I ended up spending same on used ml250 which whilst a nice place to be, just is not reliable and duster prob more so

They have a large following, cos cheap, reliable little in way of dtf and reasonable to run and service. I by no means sure I made correct choice

All Dacia are based on old Renaults

KennyN

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 440i, Cayenne, ZX12r / ZRX11 / ZRX Monoshock

Hopefully at least the minimum of £155 from year two and dont forget the "luxury" tax of an extra £350 for the first six years for vehicles over £40k list , of which many EV`s are.

Not got an issue with EV`s , just fed up being used as a cash cow when others using the same piece of tarmac pay nothing.

K

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hopefully at least the minimum of £155 from year two and dont forget the "luxury" tax of an extra £350 for the first six years for vehicles over £40k list , of which many EV`s are.

Not got an issue with EV`s , just fed up being used as a cash cow when others using the same piece of tarmac pay nothing.

K
Incl the f pushbikes!!

mancman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC 250D
Government have woken up to the fact that EV's will do more harm than good for the future of the government and planet.......OMG, forward thinking politicians :shock:
Back to the old combustion engine, won’t be the first time they have done a u-turn.

Kev555

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 vito 113 CDI OM651 W639 panel van
Government pushing the green agenda all the time no matter how hair brained it is and who has to pay for it?

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Smoke n mirrors whole story.

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
All Dacia are based on old Renaults
Some time old IS better. At least in costs and reliability. That's my experience anyway, one can repair old things, most new is deliberately built in a way to prevent that.. Great for planet and my wallet.

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
Government have woken up to the fact that EV's will do more harm than good for the future of the government and planet.......OMG, forward thinking politicians :shock:
Reminds me of the ‘Tomorrow’s World’ TV programmes the show’s presenters acted as if they were the knowledgeable ones just like our politicians today unfortunately. They’ve outsourced wind technology and nuclear (when we were one of the world leaders) - you couldn’t make it up and we are a country of engineers

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Got to ask. Our aero engines made in USA and our nuclear power built by French!! I can tell you there is no chance of French lettin brits built their nuclear power kit. Now industry want migrants let in, I a known cynic. But if twas a living wage I suspect brits would do it, and able bodied on benifits should be "encouraged"' to do so. If? It's a living wage....

Top Bottom