Electric smart car 2013

OP
H

HackySac

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Electric drive smart car/ 2013/17.6kw
It may be different in the USA but here that's exactly what they want.
Even the most basic cars here have DAB radio, many have cruise, Bluetooth and electric windows. SatNav is an option on just about everything. Likewise parking aids of one kind or another.
Well I'm accounting for the majority of people on the planet not just where I am or where you are if you're just putting into account just the people in your local area then you're leaving the people that currently can't afford to drive in all other places of the world out of calculation.

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av (s203)
There are a surprisingly large number of car owners (maybe I should have said "owers"!) who drive what they can't afford even though it puts them into considerable debt. There are some who will go hungry in order to have the latest "must have" model parked at their home.
- Sadly, that's the main ingredient of the materialistic world we live in.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
There are a surprisingly large number of car owners (maybe I should have said "owers"!) who drive what they can't afford even though it puts them into considerable debt. There are some who will go hungry in order to have the latest "must have" model parked at their home.
- Sadly, that's the main ingredient of the materialistic world we live in.
Agreed, PCP and 6K miles - lots of Range Rovers parked on drives (rather than being driven) becuase the drivers (not owners...) can afford the monthly payment (just)

OP
H

HackySac

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
So you're telling me that if a car company made a cheap , easy to fix, durable , simple, and reliable electric car then no one would want to buy it? Smart car is being pulled from the U.S market because no one wants to buy all due to the lack of information on how to repair or deal with its errors such as "Out of date software" prevent them from using a car they just spent thousands of dollars for. Maybe this is the reason there's no demand for electric cars much now and only demand for high dollar vehicles But that doesn't mean there is no possible demand for a simple reliable cheap electric car if put out onto the market. And I don't think any of you could prove other wise because no one has put out such a car out for sale in the Market. There's no way for any of you to know what the demand for a car like that would be because no one has built one.

What I was suggesting is for Mercedes to try building one and see what demand comes from such a product, but with no car such as that available to buy then there will be no demand for it because there isn't one. If someone builds one and begins to sell them I predict that its demand will surpass any such demand for high dollar vehicles. The amount of poor people in this world far surpass the number of wealth people in this world. If there was a reliable electric car that the majority of the poor people in this world could buy then its demand would sky rocket!

I guess well never know until some car company builds one....

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
OP
H

HackySac

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Renault put out a very simple no frills electric car called the Twizzy. No one was interested.
LOL! I've built golf carts that can go faster and farther then that! what was that things price tag anyway I can't find it... Only in Euros...

OP
H

HackySac

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I think I've made a mistake its not the lack of someone building a car as I have mentioned, Its the lack of knowledge on how to design one. I have enough knowledge with electric mobility where I could easily design a car that could go 100-125 miles, have room for more then 2 passengers, and have cargo space to carry things for maybe 6-8 thousand US dollars but I think I now understand that car company's do not.

I think I'm done here, I wanted assistance with fixing the car I just got malfunction and not debate on expensive cars and poor cheap car designs so unless we could get back to that topic I'm done with this conversation

Thanks

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
As I mentioned. Get it read on Star or similar.
The details you've provided are as helpful as "My car won't charge what's wrong with it".
How can we help with that?
Once you have the error codes people may have a half chance of helping.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom