electric window

will mcg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1980 350SL
my 1980 350sl nearside electric window will not go up (even with trying to help up manually (stuck 3/4 way down). is there any temporary/ easy way of raising it until i can get it checked?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
hello and welcome,,are they electric or manual either way it should be possible to pull the window up while turning the handle or operating the switch.

To fix it the door card will have to come off

OP
W

will mcg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1980 350SL
Hi - they're electric. tried to pull up whilst operating switch but won't budge.

SilverSaloon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w124/1994/om606
my 1980 350sl nearside electric window will not go up (even with trying to help up manually (stuck 3/4 way down). is there any temporary/ easy way of raising it until i can get it checked?

so the window doesnt move at all, either down or up and is stuck midway? if so check the fuses in the drivers footwell and also check the switch itself, swapping with the passenger switch to get the window closed if the switch is at fault.

the window wont move if the regulator teeth are not chewed....

hope this helps. to gain access to the window switches remove the screw in the wood at middle and also two inside the ashtray once its removed. the wood then pulls out and you can swap the switches over to test. you should i think hear a click if the switch is working

Derek

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Silver just gave a good description,, the carbon brushes in the motors can stick,,with the door card off a clout with a mallet can get them going again

OP
W

will mcg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1980 350SL
Great - just managed to get window up by swapping the switches - thanks for all you help!

SilverSaloon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w124/1994/om606
Great - just managed to get window up by swapping the switches - thanks for all you help!

pleased you got it sorted & thanks for taking the time to post back with the outcome.

welcome to the forum :)

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom