1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

electrical fault with doors and interior light

Discussion in 'Electrics, Vacuum, Ignition and ECU' started by furrball, Nov 9, 2012.

1. furrball

furrball Member

Your Mercedes:
    E280 V6 Elegance estate 2000
    ok guys, I have this problem. The car is an E285 estate circa 2000.One door switch somewhere has fault ( short).Every time I go over a bump the interior light comes on and the door locks open and close. I have looked at the 4 door locks and they seem ok. I can't locate the pressure switch for the boot ( rear door)what ever.

Has anybody come across this problem and is there an easy fix without taking it to Mercedes and throwing money at it? Would appreciate any help please

2. television

television Always remembered RIP

Your Mercedes:
    2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
    Yes a door pin switch needs cleaning or replacing, normally the drivers door

3. OP
    furrball

furrball Member

Your Mercedes:
    E280 V6 Elegance estate 2000
    Okay but where as a matter of interest is the pin switch for the hatchback door ?I bet it is near the hydraulic rams for the tailgate

4. television

television Always remembered RIP

Your Mercedes:
    2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
    The pin switches are the little press ones in the door pillars, they simply pull out and easy to clean with switch cleaner or replace, on an estate it could be in the lock, this one seldom gives troubles.