electrical fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

draldos

New Registration
Reaction score
hi there
I have a mercedes sprinter 311dci 03 plate and before christmas whilst being driven the driver noticed smoke coming out of the back.
when he stopped he saw that the drivers side rear tailight was in flames.
after putting it out the driver took it to a dealer in germany(thats where he was) and they replaced the taillight.
the was damage to the paintwork which we thought we would deal with back in the uk.
We took the van in to mercedes in glasgow and they looked at the damage and have come to the conclusion that the fire was started deliberately.
Has anyone come accross this type of thing before with any mercedes vehicles?
I am stumped, and very little knowledge of the workings of the van. I also now have to fix the van out of my own pocket, eventhough the van is still under warranty.
I can also assure everyone that this fire was not started deliberatly and that the van was in transit at the time, and have been for a period of hours on a motorway.
thanks for any info
simon

Status
Not open for further replies.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom