Electrically operated tailgate kit?

Maclehose

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Vito 115 CDi Auto
Firstly, I hope I've posted in the correct section...... My apologies if its conciderd OT.

I have an 08 Vito with glazed tailgate. I have a disability & finding it increasingly difficult to open/close the tailgate.

Could anyone recommend an electrically operated kit?

Many thanks,

Andy

OP
M

Maclehose

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Vito 115 CDi Auto
OP
M

Maclehose

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Vito 115 CDi Auto
Automated tailgate

I've looked into the various options posted. All appear to be around the £1500 mark, which I think is a little excessive given its basically a winch.......
I acquired a winch & rigged it up. The only difference is, I manually have to open the tailgate a little, allowing the winch to slowly open it against the struts. Closing similar. Not perfect, but £1400 cheaper!

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom