Engine check light on

thvilk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C180/2006/1.8
I bought my C180 56 plate week ago, first pump 20 L of regular petrol into empty tank from Esco , after running 55 miles engine Check light came out.

but with the next morning start it went off

then talk has been filled with BP regular petrol and after raning about 100 miles the light came out again and stayed for 4 days.

today, I pump Shell V-power 20L when tank is reaming with 20 L of BP normal petrol. clear the light away by engine start right after the filling. so I thought the shell v-power would resolved the issue and filled the tank with shell V-power. after 10 miles again the check engine light came.

even with the light on, there's no difference in the ride, pull etc car is driven quite normal. please help me to resolved this issue.

thvilk@gmail.com

Last edited:
OP
T

thvilk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C180/2006/1.8
Haven't connect to the diagnostic system to find the fault code yet:(

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
A few things here, first do not worry about it :D it could be the CPS possibly failing it could just a be an 02 sensor. STAR may help, but not always, the MAF could be suspect as well

OP
T

thvilk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C180/2006/1.8
what would be the best way to get this fixed. I'm living in high Wycombe, do you have any suggested place to get it done?

WG M-B

Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C63 Wagon in black
The most common issue on your vehicle would be a split air pipe under the air box.
And would fit with the symptoms you describe

Rob law

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 320
Engine Light

I put to much injector cleaner in mine and not the one recommended, which I found out about later.

I wonder if someone did this prior to selling. My light will come on for a few days and then go off for a few days and so on. Only done around 2-3000 miles since cleaning injectors over 18 months.

Some kind gentleman on here told me not to worry it will clear up after time, the car goes well and returns good mpg.

He suggested a good hard drive to burn it off, but how do you do that in a CLS ?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I put to much injector cleaner in mine and not the one recommended, which I found out about later.

I wonder if someone did this prior to selling. My light will come on for a few days and then go off for a few days and so on. Only done around 2-3000 miles since cleaning injectors over 18 months.

Some kind gentleman on here told me not to worry it will clear up after time, the car goes well and returns good mpg.

He suggested a good hard drive to burn it off, but how do you do that in a CLS ?

Then maybe like the one above,,, the 02 sensor is very sensitive and it sits within a stored figure in the engine ECU with a tolerance to be able to shift a certain amount from the settings, if it has become a little contaminated then it often will just burn itself clean.

Lock the car in second or third when the engine is hot so the the revs are high and run for a short time like it, and that could do it:D

When we had that contaminated fuel thing a few years back, most of the cars affected burnt themselves clean again while waiting to get the 02 sensor replaced

OP
T

thvilk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C180/2006/1.8
can any one tell me a OBD2 code reader which I can buy for reading this code

does it works with Maxiscan Diagnostic Scanner CAN Code Reader OBD2 EOBD OBDII MS300? which is £11 in amazon

Rob law

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 320
MAF

Television thanks for that tip and I will try when home in December!!

My fault for putting the non recommended cleaner in the tank and perhaps to generous amount.

The MPG improved though, and car runs fine

prwales

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ge300, w124 300e, various VW's
There is a liquid called "Cat cleaner" that worked for me, and has cleared a fault code permanantly

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
There is a liquid called "Cat cleaner" that worked for me, and has cleared a fault code permanantly

Yes there are some good products out there, all clever stuff ;):D

OP
T

thvilk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C180/2006/1.8
What’s the best way to clean the injectors in C180? What the recommended liquid to the fuel tank? In what composition please?

Top Bottom