Engine Light. (Solved)

B

brick10

I had have to my car in for an A service and to plug the car into Star to see what problem with the engine light on, turns out to be a Thermostat that was not working properly, the thermostat cost £102 before vat, so with the A service and the thermostat the bill was £349.05

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
I had have to my car in for an A service and to plug the car into Star to see what problem with the engine light on, turns out to be a Thermostat that was not working properly, the thermostat cost £102 before vat, so with the A service and the thermostat the bill was £349.05
It's funny the different parts costs , because Mrs W's Clk 200 needed a new thermostat last year which cost me £35 all in from MB (I fitted it ) . I suppose yours must be totally different .

OP
B

brick10

It's funny the different parts costs , because Mrs W's Clk 200 needed a new thermostat last year which cost me £35 all in from MB (I fitted it ) . I suppose yours must be totally different .
Hi i looked on e-bay for the price and they vary from £40 to £141, and the dear one was with discount, not sure why the vary so much?

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom