engine management light

OP
E

eddiereilly

Reaction score
Ed where are you, if your near me you can hook up my reader, or even my piece of crap chinese carsoft insterface lol

newcastle but ive got acess to cousins garage ,a bmw dealership but cheers

Miffy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 320 CAB Elegance C208
ah, good old newcastle, love it there :) Buffalo Joe's (gateshead) rocks eh :)

OP
E

eddiereilly

Reaction score
well this morning done 20 miles hard and fast and guess what the engine managent light has went off back to normal hopefully saved meself some money ;)

Miffy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Well while its running nice, get it hooked up to read the stored error

Miffy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
It maybe a bad plug lead or something silly, but sure as hell I bet it will come back when your least prepared for it, its given you a warning, so get the codes read off and feedback the errors here, and I am sure you will find someone knows where to look next. Maybe even invest in a code reader, they are between 50 and 60 notes.

coolpot

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c180/2002/1.8p
i had a w203 with the same symptons, had codes read and was diagnosed as a faulty maf sensor, changed, and no better, £200...
then, it turned out to be a breather pipe had a hole in it at a cost of £2 for the pipe...
felt like the car was shaking and under the bonnet you could see the engine moving left to right- sometimes the engine light was on, others it wasnt. lack of power was noticeable.
*note you could actually hear the air leaking when revved in my case but they didnt recognise that at 1st..

OP
E

eddiereilly

Reaction score
i had a w203 with the same symptons, had codes read and was diagnosed as a faulty maf sensor, changed, and no better, £200...
then, it turned out to be a breather pipe had a hole in it at a cost of £2 for the pipe...
felt like the car was shaking and under the bonnet you could see the engine moving left to right- sometimes the engine light was on, others it wasnt. lack of power was noticeable.
*note you could actually hear the air leaking when revved in my case but they didnt recognise that at 1st..

seams nothing like that shakes probally once a day power seams to be there too

OP
E

eddiereilly

Reaction score
just had the fault read and it came up misfire in pot 3 due to liquid after my bonnet was resprayed, and slipping gears so booked in for the oil and filter done in gearbox 70 quid that sound ok

Miffy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
liquid caused a missfire? if I was you, I would swap the coilpack and leads to another pot, then see if the fault returns, and if it does see if it moves to the new location.

Slipping gears, check the oil level before you pay out, and £70 seems a cheap price for atf and filter change as the ATF if totally changed will be about the same cost, without the filter and labour

OP
E

eddiereilly

Reaction score
liquid caused a missfire? if I was you, I would swap the coilpack and leads to another pot, then see if the fault returns, and if it does see if it moves to the new location.

Slipping gears, check the oil level before you pay out, and £70 seems a cheap price for atf and filter change as the ATF if totally changed will be about the same cost, without the filter and labour

i know it needs oil as theres abit of a oil stain on the pan as if its been leaking

Miffy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
i know it needs oil as theres abit of a oil stain on the pan as if its been leaking

just dip the box and buy some atf from MB, £9.99 a litre, mind you, if its leaking from the pan, you may as well pay the £70 as you will get the leak stopped when they refit the pan and new gasket :)

OP
E

eddiereilly

Reaction score
just dip the box and buy some atf from MB, £9.99 a litre, mind you, if its leaking from the pan, you may as well pay the £70 as you will get the leak stopped when they refit the pan and new gasket :)

dip the box how do i do that lol

Miffy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
if its the same as the rest of the auto boxes, then feed a curtain wire down the dip tube until it hits the pan, withdraw and measure the depth of the oil, it should be between 53 and 64 mm deep

OP
E

eddiereilly

Reaction score
wheres the dip tube too sorry mark im abit thick today mate

Miffy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Not entirly sure. I am a noob myself :) mine is near the back to the left as you look at the car. All you can see is a pipe sealed with a plastic cap. there is a small locking pin that you need to break off to remove the cap.

OP
E

eddiereilly

Reaction score
Not entirly sure. I am a noob myself :) mine is near the back to the left as you look at the car. All you can see is a pipe sealed with a plastic cap. there is a small locking pin that you need to break off to remove the cap.

bugger that il pay the 70 quid lol :p

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom