Dreaming of a CL55k - one day maybe....
Yup, sadly the OP is in deep brown and kakky

star

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Smart + others :)
Poor servicing with possible cheap oil results in 14EF60CE-08EC-4370-9D7B-24DEA88E8C8E.jpeg

Gazwould

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250 CDI
Depends on what cheap oil .

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Think the OP has gone, frightened to death understandably!

Janchee

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Ex W213/2016/220D 190
I know this may be a very, very long shot, however, an avenue to explore is if you were financially capable to take the car on when it was sold to you i.e. should the finance company have said no?

Mercedes hold ALL the cards right now, as the car records nearly everything you do. It's like a black box on a plane.

This is direct negligence and you will live to tell the tale.

On another note, I think finance companies should be A LOT stricter on who they lease cars to. Salesmen don't explain to you the tyres, servicing, maintenance etc. All they want you to see is a nice monthly payment and the world is OK. Yes, they may sell you the packages, but if you're tight on money already - you probably won't be interested.

Good friend, has just bought a nearly new BMW X3 and he's 23 years old? He's got a stable job, however, earns no more than 30k. The car value is 1.5 times (if not more!) than his one year salary. It's madness.

I'm 25 and I've got many friends who're genuinely struggling because they're paying off debt that their younger self couldn't control. I do genuinely think something needs to change with this.

Buying a Mercedes is cheap (low interest, not bad on depreciation) however, genuinely maintaining it is another!!

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av (s203)
You need to think carefully what you do now. I'm sure your lease ties you to having the car serviced at an MB garage and unfortunately the dealer you ended up ar will have completed documentation describing the problem. If you manage to pull it out of the dealership and get it to an indy and MB find out you could be in serious legal trouble.

Best of luck!

Steve@Avantgarde

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.avantgarde-automotive.co.uk
Your Mercedes
E300 Coupe AMG Line PP/NE, SLR McLaren Roadster, SL55 & C32AMG
You need to think carefully what you do now. I'm sure your lease ties you to having the car serviced at an MB garage and unfortunately the dealer you ended up ar will have completed documentation describing the problem. If you manage to pull it out of the dealership and get it to an indy and MB find out you could be in serious legal trouble.

Best of luck!

Not necessarily...it says it has to be serviced at a main dealer. That doesn't include any form of mechanical repair. Its not as if you can get a pattern made engine or put one from a Ford Focus in it, so if the engine was removed, stripped and rebuilt properly by a qualified and competent workshop using genuine parts, then I am not sure of any legal ramifications there could be.

The maintenance at a main dealer is insisted so it has a possible used car resale value back on a dealer forecourt somewhere. Its nothing to do with its actual value, as CAP makes no differentiation on the valuation of whether it has service history at a dealer or not, only that it has a full or partial service history.

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
I know this may be a very, very long shot, however, an avenue to explore is if you were financially capable to take the car on when it was sold to you i.e. should the finance company have said no?

Mercedes hold ALL the cards right now, as the car records nearly everything you do. It's like a black box on a plane.

This is direct negligence and you will live to tell the tale.

On another note, I think finance companies should be A LOT stricter on who they lease cars to. Salesmen don't explain to you the tyres, servicing, maintenance etc. All they want you to see is a nice monthly payment and the world is OK. Yes, they may sell you the packages, but if you're tight on money already - you probably won't be interested.

Good friend, has just bought a nearly new BMW X3 and he's 23 years old? He's got a stable job, however, earns no more than 30k. The car value is 1.5 times (if not more!) than his one year salary. It's madness.

I'm 25 and I've got many friends who're genuinely struggling because they're paying off debt that their younger self couldn't control. I do genuinely think something needs to change with this.

Buying a Mercedes is cheap (low interest, not bad on depreciation) however, genuinely maintaining it is another!!

Problem with society buddy compunded by loan companies making it oh so easy to get things what people cant afford in reality.

I work on the principle of I cant afford it I am
not having it. So I work harder to save if I need it.

Social dilemma. Horses for courses etc etc

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
My 2019 C220CDI on a business lease stipulates that the maintenance must be performed by a main dealer. Much to my annoyance.

I have the same ****** issue with a Renault Zoe. Paying them £180 + VAT to change the cabin air filter and wash it really grinds me the wrong way.

sonic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI, SLC250d, FJR 1300
The world is a different place to my youth 50 years ago. I have only ever had 2 loans one for my first & only new car in 1972 it was tax free when i was in Germany. I sold it in the UK for what I paid for it 2 years later. The other was our mortgage which I took out after leaving the army in 1981. The building society manager could not believe we did not had any loans at all. If we couldn't afford it we didn't buy it.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
but if you can afford the debt/loan, then why not?
Problem, is that circumstances can vey easily change and you’re then saddled with a debt to service.
Very easy to get credit and lots of it which leads to problems when people’s lives change unexpectedly.

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
Oil filters every yr. For me around 450 to 7000km depending which car. Every yr each car 4 on lift wheels covers off washed n checked replace as req not even changes a ball joint on w208 approx150k miles and exhaust will prob fail next yr at 21 yr old..
If u don't want to look after such an investment, keep 8 k in saving acc.
I think u have to keep same eng nu
unless a dealer ££££££ change or u will infringe lease.
Sorrio.

Last edited:

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
Problem, is that circumstances can vey easily change and you’re then saddled with a debt to service.
Very easy to get credit and lots of it which leads to problems when people’s lives change unexpectedly.

thats the issue. many folk want to have and can easily get a loan - companies liteally throw them at you. Its a business model and it works. People are fundamentally saddled with something they could not normally afford otherwise.

Anyway the post is drifting. hope the OP gives an update

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
the plan is to get you in debt and pay interest to the banks all your life and when you die the outstanding money owed has two outcomes

1) you're on your own then they miss out, but the likelihood is they already got it back and even if physically didn't they already had it back 10 fold in interest
2) they already had more back then they should in interest, as above and then chase your family for the money anyway

and the sad truth is the amount owed is of total irrelevance…. the holy grail - get them indebt early on so no one can ever opt out and try another way (the whole point of student loads!!!)... just get everyone everywhere giving everything to the banks.... you might observe a change here shortly

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
Cash is king. That's why banks tryin to do away with it. So they, not cash become king. Thus removing the last chance for people to be in control. Not happening to me..

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom