Engine problems after service

M80

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 639 Viano- 651, 5sp Auto. 2009 S211- 646, 5sp Auto.
It sounds like a compression test would be useful.
Pressure can escape the bores past the pistons or via the valves.
Oil can enter the inlet tract via the PCV valve, and could have caused your over revving. Too much oil at service might find a way out that way.

I would hold back on the oil service until you've investigated the condition of your engine.

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
Does it not have a crankcase breather?

OP
C

Celticbaz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2015 Sprinter
Hello friendly helpful people.

Better late than never for an update and apologies if the lack of one has upset a few for some reason. It wasn't intentional to waste anyone's time and the replies were appreciated for the most part, life just gets in the way sometimes and you just don't know the circumstances of others. My Mother became ill and has since passed away so my priorities were understandably elsewhere for a long time.

Should it be of any use or interest to people viewing this thread in the future, the problem turned out to be the faulty rear ABS speed sensor as diagnosed by the local - non official MB expert via his diagnostic machine. I replaced both (to be sure) myself and the issues were resolved. I have had no sign of possible injector issues ever since either. The service seems to have been coincidental timing, however I still intermittently get the "reduce oil level" warning on the dash to this day, which first began straight after that service. Oil level had been over-filled during that service but is fine now. I will get round to replacing the oil level sensor which I'm sure this problem is related to (this particular van, a camper, is not driven very often).

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
My condolences

Thanks for coming back with an update/resolution

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
Hello friendly helpful people.

Better late than never for an update and apologies if the lack of one has upset a few for some reason. It wasn't intentional to waste anyone's time and the replies were appreciated for the most part, life just gets in the way sometimes and you just don't know the circumstances of others. My Mother became ill and has since passed away so my priorities were understandably elsewhere for a long time.

Should it be of any use or interest to people viewing this thread in the future, the problem turned out to be the faulty rear ABS speed sensor as diagnosed by the local - non official MB expert via his diagnostic machine. I replaced both (to be sure) myself and the issues were resolved. I have had no sign of possible injector issues ever since either. The service seems to have been coincidental timing, however I still intermittently get the "reduce oil level" warning on the dash to this day, which first began straight after that service. Oil level had been over-filled during that service but is fine now. I will get round to replacing the oil level sensor which I'm sure this problem is related to (this particular van, a camper, is not driven very often).
Sorry to hear of your loss.

As BC above thanks for sharing the resolution to the problem

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
I have now had yellow abs, tyre press sbc warnings 2 x and a few lurches which always trigger the mentioned warnings. Last time was rear right wheel speed sensor and this time front right. Yr issues in my view, unrelated oil level climbing is diesel getting in oil. Before benz wks did away with sump plug I used to just crack sump plug and see if water drops appeared on plug.
Also today these v high press injectors can leak and fuel enters sump. As previous smell it. Go from there.

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom