Engine starting issues and low power

j_kay

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2001 w203 c180
Hi all, This is my first post and my first benz purchase, im having a feel around after ditching BMW. i do like it but im having some issues and am hoping one of the pro's here can help me. i've read quite a few posts and couldn't find anything related exactly so decided to start a new thread.

the car is a auto box 2001 203 c180 160 miles classic converted to lpg

Ok, here it goes folks,
The engine would first when i bought it 2 weeks ago start after kicking several times, maybe 10 seconds. now its basically a nightmare, i will start but after many attempts, sometimes it will start on the 2nd attempt an sometimes on the fifth. The garage said it could be compression, but im not sure.

whilst driving if i put my foot down it doesn't make a difference it still carry's on accelerating at its own pace completely ignoring me for at least 7 seconds then it realizes my foot is fully pushed and gives the wallop. feels like the there is no power.

I would greatly appreciate any advice and guidance regarding these issues.

please note im no good with mechanics at the moment but am willing to learn.

Thanks for taking the time to read.
JK

OP
J

j_kay

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2001 w203 c180
adc

Just to add, after messing about with it for a while, it starts better in winter mode, sometimes after a few kiks and sometimes straight away on the second attempt. Thanks folks

BachelorDays

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2000 w210 E240 91k (Nov13)
Presumably you are running it on petrol at present? If not, switch to petrol to test.

At that mileage and with those symptoms I'd start with fuel delivery.

OP
J

j_kay

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2001 w203 c180
zdf

Thanks I have fixed it, sort of, it starts fine in winter mode, so, i left it in winter mode and sold it for a nice profit.
Thanks for the help

Corned

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 S211 E320CDI Avantgarde
^ That's one way of sorting out a problem! :lol:

Aitch55

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL55 AMG
Thanks I have fixed it, sort of, it starts fine in winter mode, so, i left it in winter mode and sold it for a nice profit.
Thanks for the help

So some other poor sod will be asking the same question having been stitched up. Nice!

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom