Engine starts multiple warnings circuit 30G inop

This is just to help those with this problem as this item was "buried"in my initial thread

• Engine starts Stuck in Park

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • All Warning lights on

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

TOM BELL

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 Coupe 2012
ENGINE STARTS BUT W/ MULTIPLE WARNINGS IN IC, VEHICLE WILL NOT COME OUT OF PARK, ALL CONTROL UNRESPONSIVE

OP
T

TOM BELL

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 Coupe 2012
Article which sounds spot on to my issue:

ENGINE STARTS BUT W/ MULTIPLE WARNINGS IN IC, VEHICLE WILL NOT COME OUT OF PARK, ALL CONTROL UNRESPONSIVE

===============

ENGINE STARTS BUT W/ MULTIPLE WARNINGS IN IC, VEHICLE WILL NOT COME OUT OF PARK, ALL CONTROL UNITS ON CIRCUIT 30G ARE INOP. I.E. COMAND

DEALER TECH TOPICS; FEBRUARY 2014

Reference Number(s): TT 02/14, Date of Issue: February 2014
MERCEDESBENZ:
Models 207, 212
GROUP: 54.15 Fuse
and relay box
TOPIC
Engine starts but w/ multiple warnings in IC, vehicle will NOT come out of Park, all control units on circuit 30g are inop. i.e. COMAND

CAUSE / EXPLANATION

30g relay not closing

DTC's "B219116 The power supply of circuit 30g is outside the valid range. The limit value for electrical voltage has not been attained", & "B214B72 The output for switch "Quiescent current ON" has a malfunction. The actuator does not close."

CORRECTION

Diagnosis The 30g relay opens after the vehicle is stationary with key off after 6 hours. Let the vehicle sit for six hours with a volt meter or scope. Look for the 12 volt supply to close the relay from the rear SAM going to F32, when waking up the CAN. The signal is fast and on a meter may only read about 6 volts for a short period. If using a scope it will read battery voltage. If the problem is occurring and 12 volts to close the relay is okay, then replace F32 (30g is inside F32).

OP
T

TOM BELL

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 Coupe 2012
Article which sounds spot on to my issue:

===============

ENGINE STARTS BUT W/ MULTIPLE WARNINGS IN IC, VEHICLE WILL NOT COME OUT OF PARK, ALL CONTROL UNITS ON CIRCUIT 30G ARE INOP. I.E. COMAND

DEALER TECH TOPICS; FEBRUARY 2014

Reference Number(s): TT 02/14, Date of Issue: February 2014
MERCEDESBENZ:
Models 207, 212
GROUP: 54.15 Fuse
and relay box
TOPIC
Engine starts but w/ multiple warnings in IC, vehicle will NOT come out of Park, all control units on circuit 30g are inop. i.e. COMAND

CAUSE / EXPLANATION

30g relay not closing

DTC's "B219116 The power supply of circuit 30g is outside the valid range. The limit value for electrical voltage has not been attained", & "B214B72 The output for switch "Quiescent current ON" has a malfunction. The actuator does not close."

CORRECTION

Diagnosis The 30g relay opens after the vehicle is stationary with key off after 6 hours. Let the vehicle sit for six hours with a volt meter or scope. Look for the 12 volt supply to close the relay from the rear SAM going to F32, when waking up the CAN. The signal is fast and on a meter may only read about 6 volts for a short period. If using a scope it will read battery voltage. If the problem is occurring and 12 volts to close the relay is okay, then replace F32 (30g is inside F32).

OP
T

TOM BELL

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 Coupe 2012
I ordered a 30G from Merc but they said they could only provide the complete PREFUSE UNIT (£200) . A Merc Engineer fitted it for £100 and the car is now absolutely fine. Power Steering back on, Gears work again, All Electrics up and running
No Warning lights

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom