Engine stopped E220 CDI

higgy1961

Reaction score
Hi all,had a gremlin in the works today,the wife used the car for work and no probs,i started it an hour later to do an airport run and it cut out after a few secs and would not start again.Anyway after getting back from the airport in the other car three hours later she started up no probs.The car has been surging/hunting on start up for a while but is ok when given a few revs,could this be linked?I have added some Millers injector additive and everything seems ok now with no probs on tick over.Could it have been sticky injector.Thanks for any advice

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
Sounds like a air leak into the fuel system, look at the clear pipes for signs of air!!

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
seconded! funny how often this air in fuel seems to come up! i thought it would be a couple a year job. its nearer a couple a week!

OP
H

higgy1961

Reaction score
thanks for that guys,i will check things over,one thing i have noticed is when removing diesel tank filler cap there is a bit of a vacuum in there,would that be normal in this hot uk weather,thank

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
See it week in week out Pete!!!

true. usually mine! :lol::lol:

seriously though, why did they design the pipes etc the way they have? :confused::confused:
im not aware of any other brand that seems to have this problem! this could be due to me only being a user of this forum though! its the only one that counts, in my opinion! :lol::lol:

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
thanks for that guys,i will check things over,one thing i have noticed is when removing diesel tank filler cap there is a bit of a vacuum in there,would that be normal in this hot uk weather,thank

my e300 turbodiesel used to do that. cant say ive noticed it since i changed the fuel tank strainer though!

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Cheap!!!!!!!

and the biggest pain in the you know what known to man! what was wrong with a rubber hose into a filter, a rubber hose out of the filter, a hand primer and a bleed screw? surely that would've been as cheap! and lots less hassle! fuel heater is next thing on mine i reckon! not much else that can seep air in now!

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom