Engine temp!

ventech

Reaction score
Couple of points
My vsicous fan doesnt seem to come in - I suppose the clutch is a wearing item. Is it available sepeartely or must I buy the whole fan?
There is a double solenoid valve next to the Vacuum servo. With age the valve seats wear so that the heating is permanently on, even with the aircon on. I have clamped off my heater as a temporary measure by bolting two bits of bar together around the hose, until I can geta new solenid valve, so now my aircon works fine. The side vents tend to blow hot air if the valve is leaking. The centre vent is not so hot.

The Hooded Claw

Reaction score
Couple of points
My vsicous fan doesnt seem to come in - I suppose the clutch is a wearing item. Is it available sepeartely or must I buy the whole fan?
There is a double solenoid valve next to the Vacuum servo. With age the valve seats wear so that the heating is permanently on, even with the aircon on. I have clamped off my heater as a temporary measure by bolting two bits of bar together around the hose, until I can geta new solenid valve, so now my aircon works fine. The side vents tend to blow hot air if the valve is leaking. The centre vent is not so hot.

This is a job for CARROTT MAN Malc in other words (See my "Anicdotal Fixes" thread" posted yesterday)

Keith

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom