Engine won't start!!!

asg1980

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I need your help!

I have a clk 320 petrol, 2002 with approx 84000miles. I went to start the car today however it didnt start!!!!

Never happened to me before? any suggestions as to what the problem could be??

Thanks in advance

dieselman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A diesel
What happens when you turn the key?

OP
A

asg1980

Reaction score
it did seem as if it wanted to turn over the first time but now i have tried again and there is nothing. I'm now assuming it may just be the battery?

dieselman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A diesel
Sounds like it. How bright are the headlights?

OP
A

asg1980

Reaction score
I didnt turn the headlights on but when I open the car using the remote on the key, it does sound a little slow opening the locks, if you know what I mean!!

dieselman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A diesel
It sounds like the battery is either discharged by a current drain or is toast..

Charge it up and see. Check the date stamped on the battery.

OP
A

asg1980

Reaction score
Thanks for your help! i will charge it up and see. I will change the battery according to the stamped date on the battery also! if the problem still persists, be sure to hear from me again some time tommorow!!

Thanks again!

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom