engine won't turnover on key C230K 1999

Jon Bernard

Reaction score
car started drove to work. After lunch ,engine not turning over, called AA. Battery ok, brake light switch operating ok, instrument lights and all other electric seem OK. AA man tried tapping starter, then went under car and bridged the solenoid to the starter, we now have a running engine the AA man suspects ignition switch but not sure. Drove home, tried to start again engine won't turnover.:mad:

I will add that I've recently had problems with the coils, number three cylinder is not working and as soon as I can start the engine regularly I will swap the coils to see if the lack of sparks follows the coils. Then ordered new coils probably these ones on ebay @ £25 each + shipping. Item number: 400179464793. any thoughts on item?

I already have a new set of ignition leads fitted.

How should I do the correct reset after connecting the negative terminal on the battery?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
You say the switch turns on the dash lamps in the cluster, does it turn any further to the start position

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
This leaves a couple of things, is there a starter lock out relay or is it the main starting one, I have a computer down and cannot check right now on the possibilities

OP
J

Jon Bernard

Reaction score
Do thease coils look any better than the others ones on ebay:Item number: 280291463323
SSANGYONG IGNITION COIL PACK MUSSO KORANDO 2.3 +3.2Ltr

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom