Entrapment parking fines.

HERBIEMERCMAN

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
97. E300.TD. 7 SEAT.ELEGANCE. EST.TOYOTA SUPRA MK4. RS. VAUX. CORSA.GLS AUTO. SPORT.
some weeks back my wife and i were parked on the sea front at south end.

we were there for several hours and watched the parking wardens keep venturing out from their secure position behind a closed ice cream van.

they placed parking fines on several vehicles, we were imune as we occupied our vehicle and my wife had displayed her dissabled badge as well.

i decided to look at the parking signs more closely than i had done when we arrived, they were very missleading in my opinion, along with several other motorists we tried to decifer what the signs really meant.

the point is the middle area which could take some 30 cars was prohibitted, and this was where the tickets were being applied. either side of this section, which was far from obvious, you could park for one hour.

when i realised what the set up was, i started to approach motorists and expose the entrapment area.

so it's not just our government who are a bit devious but some of our local authorities as well. it's easy money for them and most people won't take them on. it is just the same as the speed cameras hidden in a hedge row. what do you think ? herbiemercman.

Last edited:

Quick Silver

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R129 1990 SL 300..
some weeks back my wife and i were parked on the sea front at south end.

we were there for several hours and watched the parking wardens keep venturing out from their secure position behind a closed ice cream van.

they placed parking fines on several vehicles, we were imune as we occupied our vehicle and my wife had displayed her dissabled badge as well.

i decided to look at the parking signs more closely than i had done when we arrived, they were very missleading in my opinion, along with several other motorists we tried to decifer what the signs really meant.

the point is the middle area which could take some 30 cars was prohibitted, and this was where the tickets were being applied. either side of this section, which was far from obvious, you could park for one hour.

when i realised what the set up was, i started to approach motorists and expose the entrapment area.

so it's not just our government who are a bit devious but some of our local authorities as well. it's easy money for them and most people won't take them on. it is just the same as the speed cameras hidden in a hedge row. what do you think ? herbiemercman.

This is my home turf and they are a dastardly lot in Southend it even confuses the locals .

A couple of years ago in Southend I got clamped in Warrior Square .I left it for the rest of the day and went back in the evening and cut it off with an acetelyne torch . Never heard a thing about it but it was in the days before ANPR AND INSTANT ACCESS TO THE DVLC records . It did make me feel good though and I'd do it again if I had to .

In the area where I operate my cabs they have spy cars ,little smart cars with a periscope camera on top and they snoop on people from behind walls and hedges or hidden behind a larger vehicle . Its only been in operation for about 6 weeks but the kids have certainly had a go at it letting the tyres down and smashing the windscreen and putting all sorts of concoctions in the fuel tank and good on em too as I think it's a step to far.

teddycatkin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W107-SL W124-220te W123-230e W201 2.0
Just another crackpot idea to steal money from motorists-it will sweep the country now like swineflu--if you go out for a drive dont stop and only park when you get back to the safety of your own home seems to be the best answer?

S.Speed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Older Citroen Now :-(
I have to say I really like the way Quicksilver thinks..
I think it would do us Britons no harm to have a bit more of the French mentality.. You notice their government dont try to sh*t on them too often, and if they do its soon reversed!
We are much too passive for our own good sometimes.
Vote for Quicksilver!
Quicksilver for PM..
Quicksilver for "Motoring Tzar"..

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
I have to say I really like the way Quicksilver thinks..
I think it would do us Britons no harm to have a bit more of the French mentality.. You notice their government don't try to sh*t on them too often, and if they do its soon reversed!
We are much too passive for our own good sometimes.
Vote for Quicksilver!
Quicksilver for PM..
Quicksilver for "Motoring Tzar"..

I've met him. He is much too nice in real life!

amwebby

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W215
I too live in Southend-on-Sea and I've been struggling to think of anywhere along the sea front that is as you describe.

The only area that is like that is in Hamlet Court Road, where they have placed an area in the middle of the road that is marked up with yellow lines that look like parking bays but parking is prohibited there. It's a shame because there aren't many parking areas in what is a very busy street with many nice restaurants, including one I visit frequently, a Thai restaurant called ChaBa.

I wouldn't say it is unclear that parking is prohibited in the centre of the road as the signs are quite clear but the yellow lines certainly led me to believe they were parking bays initially and, if you didn't bother to check the signs, could lead you to park there in error as I initially did, only discovering my error when I checked the sign to see how long parking was permitted there and if there was a pay and display meter in operation.

Quite why they've done this I don't know. This was part of a revamp of the street a few years back where the original plan showed a row of palm trees planted there, which would prevent parking in the centre of the road. Maybe they ran out of money for the palm trees?

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom