EQA

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
I just cant get any positive feeling for these electric cars at all. Maybe one day.
Not sure if its a relevant comment or observation, but my tuppence.

Leck Trick

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes EQA 250 AMG
Anyone running an EQA, any comments or observations?
Hi I have been running an EQA for a few months and am delighted with it. The issues raised in various magazine reviews are non issues as far as I’m concerned. It drives and handles perfectly well for my brisk driving style but maybe wouldn’t suit a boy racer ( my previous car was a BMW 328 i so I know about handling and performance) The drive is smooth relaxing and quiet so I’m always sorry when I get to the end of the journey. As with all EVs I would have liked a lot more range but it does most of my journeys without the need to charge enroute.

GeorgeM78

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
EQA 350 4matic
Hi, I have had an EQA since before Christmas. I love the drive and look of the car but I have a big problem with the MBUX system crashing all the time and the After Care from my dealership has been terrible. Anyway the reason for my post is the mileage I am getting out of a charge is terrible. I tried to do a 155 mile trip last week with 92% which said was 189 minimum and I have to stop 15 miles from home as I was down to 8 miles. I would say my driving is sensible, I'm putting plenty of miles back on the ECO Boost. I have been testing it this week and from a full charge at work on Monday, 228 minimum miles displayed, I am currently on 95 miles left only having done 77.

Am I the only one with these issues?

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Hi, I have had an EQA since before Christmas. I love the drive and look of the car but I have a big problem with the MBUX system crashing all the time and the After Care from my dealership has been terrible. Anyway the reason for my post is the mileage I am getting out of a charge is terrible. I tried to do a 155 mile trip last week with 92% which said was 189 minimum and I have to stop 15 miles from home as I was down to 8 miles. I would say my driving is sensible, I'm putting plenty of miles back on the ECO Boost. I have been testing it this week and from a full charge at work on Monday, 228 minimum miles displayed, I am currently on 95 miles left only having done 77.

Am I the only one with these issues?
Hello and welcome,

If you get >half the stated range from the car then you're doing well - especially with the current weather - EV's dislike cold temperatures - lost of extra draw form heaters, lights, wipers etc

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
^+1 yes turn off all the consumables and you will get a much better range but it might be a bit cold though. Probably ideal providing you daily commute is <100 miles - someway to go with them yet on range IMO and a 3 phase home charger is a must

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
Yes, around half is what you would expect in winter.

I get by with a 7kwh single phase charger at home with no issues, full charge from emtpy in 4-5 hours tops on a 41kwh pack.

Taffy7hfa

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 ML 270 CDI,2016 Hyundai1.6 CRDI i30,2014 Peugeot 308 HDI. .6 HDI.
If they could fix the range problem they would have done it by now, all the guff about battery technology is just that, battery performance has hardly changed at all in the last 100 years. They have just got a little bit smaller.

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
I just cant get any positive feeling for these electric cars at all. Maybe one day.
Not sure if its a relevant comment or observation, but my tuppence.
Me too, won’t be having one in my lifetime :rolleyes:

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom