euromerc

BarryF

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
320 cdi avantgarde estate
Hi I bought a switch for the SL on the 25th Sept but still havent recieved it. Sent 2 emails to them but no answer. Just wondering whether anyone else was having aproblem with them or is it just me ?

Quick Silver

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R129 1990 SL 300..
Hi I bought a switch for the SL on the 25th Sept but still havent recieved it. Sent 2 emails to them but no answer. Just wondering whether anyone else was having aproblem with them or is it just me ?

Their after sales service and customer relations are total crap ! they are about as efficient as a chocolate kettle but you will eventually get your items .I dont know of any body thats never recieved what they ordered but trust me they are extremely slow.

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
Their after sales service and customer relations are total crap ! they are about as efficient as a chocolate kettle but you will eventually get your items .I dont know of any body thats never recieved what they ordered but trust me they are extremely slow.

I'll put that down as "no strong views" then Chris. :rolleyes:

Dazzler

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211 E320 CDi Estate 05
Nick is a one man band, and yes it does a long time to recieve an e-mail back, and also no phone number.

aybracers

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250CGI Saloon,C200 Estate
Similar experience with euromerc.
Sent a question by both email and fax but no reply so far (3 days)
Strange way to run a business.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
He is a 1 man outfit,, there are times when he has to go away buying more stock and this could be from anywhere in the UK

AdamG

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S320CDI (2003)
I've had a very good buying experience from Nick.
He sold me a genuine part at a fraction of the original mercedes price. I was also going to pick it up from his base and he even offered to meet me near my house to save me some miles.

Nice guy also.

Adam

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
He sold me a genuine part at a fraction of the original mercedes price. I was also going to pick it up from his base and he even offered to meet me near my house to save me some miles.

Nice guy also.

Adam

A nicer man you could not find

Dazzler

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211 E320 CDi Estate 05

Nice guy also.

Adam

Where is he based then??

bigasotonuk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43/55 AMG 1999 / C230K 1997
Its about 6-7 miles outside of Romsey on the way to Salisbury.
I think Nic's problem is locating the stock as he knows he has it but its finding it, the stuff he lists on the site is in one area, but if a customer requires something else he has to look for it, that and as Malc says he spends 2 to 3 days away a week buying stock, he can,t refuse the stock as they will just go somewhere else to dispose of it.
I arranged to pick my stuff up and you have to see it to believe it actually just how much stock he has got, if he was to open up the roller door it would come falling out he has to go in through a side door an climb on up on it just to get in. And he has 2 units like that.
Great guy as Malcolm says.

SamT

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL320, 40th anniversary edition
I know that Nick gets some stick from some quarters and being a one-man-band will have its difficulties, but my experiences have been first class. Items either posted by return, or in one case delivered to my door.

Can't ask for more.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I know that Nick gets some stick from some quarters and being a one-man-band will have its difficulties, but my experiences have been first class. Items either posted by return, or in one case delivered to my door.

Can't ask for more.

He brought my parts 120 miles free

OP
B

BarryF

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
:confused: After 3 emails, all unanswered, raised a dispute through paypal this morning. Instant response from Euromerc giving a refund. No message or explanation for not sending the switch. What a way to run a business. Barry

Dosco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211
I guess like many small business these days he really needs someone to work for him but I guess the costs in doing that no doubt put him off. Given all the crap in the terms of employment legislation and the rights of employee issues he would have to face make it extremely daunting and if the turnover/profit relationship is not there yet he can do little to sort it short term. Unless of course he can find a retired ex warehouseman with customer service skills and from an automotive background who is willing to do anything from picking to packing sorting out order queries and does not watch the clock etc etc sounds like a golden opportunity - are you reading this Nick? do we know anybody:idea:

OP
B

BarryF

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I accept that it is difficult running a business on your own. But it seems suicidal not to answer emails in a reasonable time. Things can and do go wrong, Just ask Gordon, but if you keep your customer in the loop you hopefully keep the sale. He didn't respond to any of my emails but was very quick responding to paypals, so he obviously does read his mail. Had it been an eBay sale I would have given him negative feedback and would do the same to anyone who asked me about EuroMerc. The switch was listed on his website so should have been easy to find and dispatch. If he had a problem an answer to any of my emails saying I will send it in x amount of days would have been helpful. I will now have to approach the Stealers and get one there. Barry

brianbrian

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w124 250D, SL129-deisel
BarryF, Yes I must agree, a phone call or E.mail to you would have kept you as a customer, and stopped you ranting on, so petential customers will not use him. Hope this helps

Dosco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211
I accept that it is difficult running a business on your own. But it seems suicidal not to answer emails in a reasonable time. Things can and do go wrong, Just ask Gordon, but if you keep your customer in the loop you hopefully keep the sale. He didn't respond to any of my emails but was very quick responding to paypals, so he obviously does read his mail. Had it been an eBay sale I would have given him negative feedback and would do the same to anyone who asked me about EuroMerc. The switch was listed on his website so should have been easy to find and dispatch. If he had a problem an answer to any of my emails saying I will send it in x amount of days would have been helpful. I will now have to approach the Stealers and get one there. Barry

You are right of course and I was not proffering an excuse, there is none for poor/bad service, just highlighting what single traders are facing. such a pity as I have found him to be more than obliging.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Some folk are not good at employing people,, I was like that and stayed working alone for all of the 55 years

panason1c

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes ML270CDI, VW Polo 1.9tdi, BMW K1200RS
I contacted euromerc in December 2008 enquiring for 2 tailgate struts that i needed asap as mine had failed completely, 'nick' emailed back and told me he had them in stock @ £15 each plus £4pp, i emailed back to confirm the order ....he replied saying he would 'dig them out'......that was the last i heard from him!!!............i emailed a further 4 or 5 times over the next week or so but never got a single reply back!

It's all very well if nick is 'a nice guy' but he shouldnt be running a business!.....its very frustrating and time wasting to be led down a dead end trail!

A mickey mouse company! and i'm not surprised i'm not the only one who's experienced problems.

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom