Everytime valets my child locks get turned off

Gl63

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GL63 63 plate 2013
On the GL and presumably others everytime my car is cleaned the people doing it click the child locks off in error. Just found out because my 18 month old opened the door on way home!

It's just a simple leaver that sticks out and is easily moved. The ones where you have to put key in are much better.

Has happened before once after it was cleaned after a service but noticed those times because the kids managed to open door when arrived home.

It's not something most people would double check after having their car washed but worth noting.

Rotorhead500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Used to have a C63...
Precisely why I won't let a "valeter" near my car! Not specifically because of the kiddy locks, just the general lack of care with what they're doing.

A professional detailer, I would probably summon up the courage... but not the high street jobbies.

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.
I think if this happened to me...I wouldn't wait for my toddler to find out the next time.

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
fortunately its not an issue i would have on my current car. locking the rear electric windows with the button automatically activates the child locks on the rear doors. theres no manual lock to get caught when cleaning the car etc. and is actually a useful idea as if you have an adult in the rear, you can just unlock the rear windows, they can then get out of the car without someone having to release the door for them, then you can re-lock the windows and all is safe in the rear again

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
one of the better points in the A6 too- the child locks are activated electrically from the drivers door and lit up when on (whch would give me the hint they weren't!)- windows similarly controlled, unlike yours Pete where the windows and doors are controlled together, these are seperate- not sure if any system is better or not, however the locks are better than manual...

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
i like the concept of being able to release the rear doors and still have the rear windows locked, but then again, if you have kids in the back, why would you want to release either until the kids were old enough to use BOTH sensibly?
if an adult needs a rear window open i can still override the lock from the drivers control switch. im not sure if either system is better than the other, i just know its a better idea than the switch things you used to get years ago, and it seems similar to the ones the OP has on their car as the electric system is easier to use, quicker to activate/deactivate etc.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom