1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EWL problem

Discussion in 'Engine, Drivetrain, Fuel and Exhaust' started by NABroughton, May 14, 2019.

1. NABroughton

NABroughton New Member

Your Mercedes:
    C Class 2013 2.2 w204
    Morning all. First time poster so apologies for the biblical length explanation.A few days ago I was driving to work as per usual and noticed that the car didn’t change up gear when it usually does. 30mph through the next village by 2000rpm the gear usually shifts up but it didn’t this time. Put the foot down and by 3500 rpm finally changed gear. Noticed that the car became increasingly sluggish before getting to the dial carriageway decided to pull over and turn the car off.
    Fired her back up and the EWL was illuminated glaring at me! Borrowed a ‘generic’ OBD tool which showed over 42 different faults (a handful of which are attached).
    Took it to my local independent merc approved garage and he is looking at replacing the pressure sensor. Anyone seen anything like this before. He’s informed me it’s a needle in a haystack job and I anticipate this could be rather painful on the pocket.
    I’m by no means a car novice let alone an expert so if you want any specific information to assist I’ll provide what I can. Is a 13 plate c class w204 2.2 AMG uplift.
    Thanks for the help in advance!!

Attached Files:

2. LostKiwi

LostKiwi Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    '93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240, 02 R230 SL500 (Malcolm Spec), 04 Smart Roadster Coupe
    The first thing I'd do is clear all the faults and drive it to see what comes back.

Blobcat likes this.
  3. OP
    NABroughton

NABroughton New Member

Your Mercedes:
    C Class 2013 2.2 w204
    Did that and all the same ones came back with the addition of this pressure sensor.

4. ajlsl600

ajlsl600 Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything,A class 170cdi auto
    seems daft is batt at full,full charge? some of yr screen shots are not trans related. i had loads on an aclass auto and it would not kick down ,thought trans shot ,saved and cleared faults ,all dramas gone, have you put the car on "star" or is the reader generic

5. Steve@Avantgarde

Steve@Avantgarde Forum Supporter Authorised Forum Supporter

Your Mercedes:
    Mercedes-Benz C32AMG, SL55AMG, C320CDI Sport Edition Estate and SLR McLaren Coupe Roadster.
    You need star really, you either have a massive air leak from somewhere or the DPF is blocked and won't regen.

Wighty likes this.
  6. OP
    NABroughton

NABroughton New Member

Your Mercedes:
    C Class 2013 2.2 w204
    Chap has told me he tested the battery and it was ‘fine’.I’ve cleared the faults with the generic reader I have and that buys me a journey or two but when done at the merc garage it lasted an entire day with full performance before the faults came back. He’s got me booked in for the pressure sensor so we’ll see what happens thereafter.

7. Steve@Avantgarde

Steve@Avantgarde Forum Supporter Authorised Forum Supporter

Your Mercedes:
    Mercedes-Benz C32AMG, SL55AMG, C320CDI Sport Edition Estate and SLR McLaren Coupe Roadster.
    I would stop clearing fault codes down as that actually hinders the garage from finding out what your issues may be. Nothing more annoying when a customer keeps doing that!

You can't just replace the sensor, you will need to update the software along with it. They now go hand in hand.

John Laidlaw likes this.