Excellent claims experience

Altamar

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2015 SL400
Two weeks ago today someone decided to drive into the side of my wife's car. Fortunately no one was hurt but sadly the car was written off.

Ironically, I posted on someone else's thread in this forum a few days before that to say insurance is only as good as the claims experience so the purpose of this thread is to share the great claims experience we have had. We are insured through Halifax (as the broker) and I believe Aegis is the underwriter.

We were given a hire car as soon as our car was taken to the repairers, and the engineers completed their report the next working day. The underwriters confirmed the write off the following day and we had a fair offer the day after that.

We received 90% of the offer direct into our bank account the following day i.e. just eight days after the original accident.

The only thing they could have improved was that they separated the amount paid out by the insurers from the amount due from the salvage company, so we are currently waiting for the remaining 10%

Oh, and a message to all insurers regarding non-fault drivers suffering an accident is that a £100 distress and inconvenience payment would be nice to recognise all the extra running around and phone calls I have had to do.

Overall though a great experience which has allowed us to move on and Mrs L already has her shiny new car.

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Refreshing to say the least :)

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
Nice to read. It's true you only find out how good or poor your insurance company is when you need to make a claim.

Top Bottom