Exhaust differance

FLYINGSPUR

Reaction score
Hi,can anyone tell me if a mercedes CLS 500 {2007plate} exhaust system will fit a mercedes E200 kompressor W211 {2007 plate},As my e class was involved in a collision, and was told the CLS has the same floor plan therefore should fit straight on, is this true? can someone confirm that as someone is selling one off a CLS......:rolleyes::confused:

brandwooddixon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S63 Coupe 2014
I would say not.
The CLS500 will have two down pipes from the engine (being a V8) and most probably remain double pipes all the way to the back. Even those without the Sports pack exhaust tend to be double pipes to the back box.

Your E200 kompressor will be a single pipe all the way back I would imagine.

White230CE

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1989 W124 230CE
Try leisureshack.co.uk.

I don't know how wide their exhaust range is, but have a go. If you type in the details of the respective models, you will get a diagram showing the exhaust parts and numbers for each. You will then be able to see which part numbers are common to both, and which are different.

I have just done this, and found that the part numbers for the middle and back exhausts are the same for a non-cat and a cat W124 230CE. This enabled me to re-use those parts on my non-cat, and just order a front pipe (from carspares.co.uk).

OP
F

FLYINGSPUR

Reaction score
I would say not.
The CLS500 will have two down pipes from the engine (being a V8) and most probably remain double pipes all the way to the back. Even those without the Sports pack exhaust tend to be double pipes to the back box.

Your E200 kompressor will be a single pipe all the way back I would imagine.

Hi,thanks for the reply,mine's is a sports pack[ new E200 sports kompressor],and therefore don't know if mine has twin down pipes? coz its only a 1800cc engine, although mine does have the twin exhaust system similar to the CLS, i'm not particulary botherd about changing the front coz the damage is at the rear,so just need to change the n/s back box,do you think that is possible?,as a few other people say the CLS has the same floor plan as the E class and should be fine?? i need re-:confused:assurance,thanks..

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
just go to the site posted by white230ce and check the part numbers is the easiest way to find out. cls may be based on the e class floorpan, this doesnt mean its the same though

brandwooddixon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S63 Coupe 2014
A four cylinder engine will have only the one down pipe.

I do not know whether your car will have a back box thats fitted across the rear of the car and then has two outlets or whether the single pipe branches before hand and then there are two back boxes. Most probably the first I think.

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
I doubt the back box will fit your existing system - the diameters will be different. It may hang ok (same chassis) but I doubt you're going to be able to attach it to the existing system, or swap systems without a fair bit of custom fabrication.
Lines, angles, diameters will all differ.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom