Experience with Mercedes

EdP

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S-Class
I am an Intern at MEC Global, and I have been assigned the task of discerning the experience that people undergo when with a Mercedes. Could you please send me any thoughts and any comments with regard to the cars... Buying experience? Reliability? etc.

Miffy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 320 CAB Elegance C208
I can confirm the OP is indeed from that Advertising Agency

reflexboy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDi Sport&R172 SLK250CDi AMG Sport
Nice cars, they rust, 99% of dealer experiences are pants. End of.

MERCSPORT

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2009 CLS 350 CDI Grand Edition
Cars are nice, ok, yes they do have their problems but so do many other marques, its a machine things will go wrong.

Mercedes-Benz UK on the whole are absolutely SH*T and most of the main dealers I would not hesitate burning to the ground if given the chance.
They are incredibly annoying with their ridiculously high prices, poor workmanship, lack of customer care and their technicians lack of knowledge.
Also they refuse nearly every claim given through warranty, their might aswell be no warranty what so ever! Every rust claim on their so called '30 year rust warranty' is a complete load of bullsh*t aswell!

However I still maintain that they are nice cars, buy outside the Mercedes dealer network and maintain outside the Mercedes dealer network.

So far I am pleased with my dealer MB Northampton, however still waiting for the day that they do something annoying or similar to the other rubbish dealers. There are only a few who will give good service.

Touch wood my Mercedes hasn't really given me any problems, they only thing iv spent is tyres, a service and an MOT. General maintenance really!

ZEE

huey

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 cdi 2004 Estate
MB cars are good when all is well , Got to agree with others, dealers are a let down, there are the odd good ones but few and far between tho:neutral: i won't go to local dealers near me for parts i use one 70 miles away! any work i can't do myself is carried out by competent indies.:D

E320mark

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320 cdi sport 2007
Good cars, in my opinion the dealer network lets them down in a big way! Stupid silly errors and being called a liar doesn't endear you to them!
I will not but another one for this specific reason! This seems quite widespread so would make you wonder why aren't they doing anything about it?

hawk20

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML250 BlueTEC Sport
Nice cars, they rust, 99% of dealer experiences are pants. End of.

Not really true. Of course some have bad experiences at dealers as happens with all makes. But see J.D. Power survey (published in WhatCar) and Driver Power survey (via AutoExpress) and you will see that the E class is top executive car and that owners found MB dealers far better than BMW owners and others found theirs. I have had first rate experience from my local dealer.

Trouble with forums is you get a very small sample of owners posting most often and usually people come because they have a grumble. Not many seek out a forum to say nothing has gone wrong with my car.

E320mark

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320 cdi sport 2007
Not really true. Of course some have bad experiences at dealers as happens with all makes. But see J.D. Power survey (published in WhatCar) and Driver Power survey (via AutoExpress) and you will see that the E class is top executive car and that owners found MB dealers far better than BMW owners and others found theirs. I have had first rate experience from my local dealer.

Trouble with forums is you get a very small sample of owners posting most often and usually people come because they have a grumble. Not many seek out a forum to say nothing has gone wrong with my car.

When I got my car the salesman informed me that I would be sent a questionnaire, he told (not asked) me to bring it back to them not filled in, I thought it strange at the time but, stupidly thought it was something Mercedes dealers do, I know now it's for a reason, they fill them in themselves!
It happened when an other family member bought an A class!
Your surveys in my humble opinion are null and void!

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
When I got my car the salesman informed me that I would be sent a questionnaire, he told (not asked) me to bring it back to them not filled in, I thought it strange at the time but, stupidly thought it was something Mercedes dealers do, I know now it's for a reason, they fill them in themselves!

and no one will say in a survey that THEY give sh*t service when it may cost them their job!

W124Devon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 convertible and 300CE
The cars used to be good, some of the best in fact.

Now they are built down to a cost with no longevity built in, but hey, why do they need to because they are mostly run by fleets whose drivers want them for the image that was gained when the cars were well built and exclusive.

The new ones drive brilliantly and are very technologically advanced.

It's all a bit of a joke now I think, have "enjoyed" rubbish service, unreliable W210 and W211 cars and would never drive a new one again as I think the brand is a con nowadays.

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
Well with any luck the tick box e-mail survey will be consigned to the bin along with the lazy idiots with paucity of thought who commissions them.
Parts will be sold at realistic prices.
Repair and service costs will be bought into the real world.
The engineers at Daimler Benz will be venerated for their expertise.
The bean counters will be culled.
Menu servicing will include the plate, knife, fork and salt and pepper oh and table and chair.
To finish I am weary of stating and hearing the bleedin obvious and little changing.

KNIGHT RIDER

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML320CDI 2007
I am an Intern at MEC Global, and I have been assigned the task of discerning the experience that people undergo when with a Mercedes. Could you please send me any thoughts and any comments with regard to the cars... Buying experience? Reliability? etc.

Do you really wana know? Mercs love them dealers are scum of the earth treat you like crap and lie like a cheap watch!!! I dont buy new anymore becuase of the dealers only buy used from independant dealers now!

hawk20

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML250 BlueTEC Sport

I did not refer to the Mercedes own survey. I referred to independent surveys. J.D. Power is widekly regarded as the best and biggest not just in the UK but elsewhere too.

hawk20

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML250 BlueTEC Sport
and no one will say in a survey that THEY give sh*t service when it may cost them their job!

J.D Power and Driver Power surveys are of customers none of whom will lose their job just because they fill in a survey. But if you are saying that the OP should be looking for an unbiased and random selection of MB buyers then I agree. He won't find that on a forum.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
for an unbiased and random selection of MB buyers then I agree. He won't find that on a forum.

Please read some more of the post on here, we get more and more happy people that have just bought an MB and they join here just to talk about it.

There average man in the street has no idea who JD powers is :D

From my point of view I would never bother to fill in a JD powers survey

Nemo20

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Previously owned SL500
That would be me at present! Joined here to ask questions about a potential purchase of an SL. Two months into ownership & the money I am spending is what I would expect to keep an older car on the road. Fingers crossed as you never know what's around the corner, but you get a good idea by hanging around here! Expect to use a mix of main dealer for some items and an indie for others. First main dealer experience was reasonably good but based on the fact that I travelled further to avoid my local one that does not have a good reputation here. Beautiful car, the only disappointment so far has been the awful quality of the standard stereo. Cannot believe such an expensive car has such a bad sound system; one on the list to investigate at some point. Other than that, loving it.

_Taz_

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 E63 6.3NA AMG Tenorite Estate MCT 7g
I would say this....

Owning a Merc is nice :D
Repairing it is NOT :mad:
Using the dealer for Parts is satisfactory
Using the dealer for repairs is POOR :(
Value for money for repairs at a dealer is POOR
My local dealer is satisfactory ( in that they remember me )

Is a MERC the best car ? Nope, no such thing, as it WILL break down & all cars have their faults, irrelevant of the marque.

Do I like my MERC, YES :D

Would I ever buy NEW ? Only with YOUR money :p

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom