Exterior black trim paint - colour?

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av (s203)
I wonder if anyone can tell me the correct paint code for a touch-in paint that will match the metal door trims (e.g.: underneath the driver's door window) on my C Class Estate? The car itself is Iridium Silver but the metal strips are black and I can't find a code for them.

Some anonymous (naturally) individual has scraped my car in the supermarket car park, down to bare steel so I need to prevent it from rusting but obviously I would like to match it as closely as possible.

I will appreciate your help (thanks...) !

Dave

OP
davemercedes

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Picture attached

To avoid confusion, the attached jpg file shows the black trim I'm talking about:

Trim.jpg

Regards
Dave

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I am not 100% sure but I think they are anodized alli, and not painted at all

OP
davemercedes

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hmm

Hi Television... Thanks for that! Judging by the shine (that's still there after a week) you're probably right; I never thought of that.

For a 2 inch scrape it will have to be black paint - it's certainly not worth replacing the trim. I could try a bit 'Back to Black' type polish I suppose and see if it dries on okay.

I'm still at a loss as to how someone did it without denting or scraping the door (thank goodness!).

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I would have thought that a quick one coat spray, then polish of the excess would do it, snag is if the scratch is not very deep you will not get any paint in it, maybe just a black marker pen would do it

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom