1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fault 299. super turbo under boost ?

Discussion in 'Engine, Drivetrain, Fuel and Exhaust' started by poolshark, Dec 2, 2009.

Tags:
  1. poolshark

poolshark Member

Your Mercedes:
    C CLASS 220 CDI
    I had a engine diagnostic warning light appear on my C220 cdi . the light came on, two days after I bought it.
    An Indy garage inserted a device into my car and showed me this reading. Fault 299. super turbo under boost

I took it to a mercedes dealer, as it was still under warranty and they fixed it for me.
    what exactly was my problem, and what would they have done ?.
    Did it need a new turbo installed at two years old?
    it is a 2006 c class with 27000 miles.

2. Alex Crow

Alex Crow Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    W169, W124, w202, W203, KTM 250 EXC, VW T25 camper and a Polo in a pear tree
    was the dealer unwilling to tell you what work they did? lots of things could cause that code, not just a turbo problem.

3. OP
    poolshark

poolshark Member

Your Mercedes:
    C CLASS 220 CDI
    the reading i saw from the hand held fault finder , stated it was
    Super turbo under boost.
    then i took it to a main merc' dealer and they recommended to leave it in and get a new turbo before the warranty was up in two months time.
    so i did that and when i collected my car it was going great.

i just cant believe they really put in, a new turbo, maybe they just fixed the old one instead.

sorry if i appear dubious about what car dealers say, but i have met my share of con men in my time of buying cars.

thanks for your reply.

4. type49

type49 Senior Member

Never heard of Super turbo under boost. Not under any Merc listings I've ever read. Like AP says, could be several different things.