Fault codes assistance

UKMarine

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 S320 L cdi
I realise that I’ve posted this as a post in a thread elsewhere on this forum but I thought I’d reach out to the wider audience that might not see it otherwise. The 55 plate S Class S320 cdi (OM648) I bought recently with work needed to be done was smoking with stinky diesel smoke so I knew that I had a problem with my injectors and it turns out that they are for an earlier model (OM613), anyway the details of my post are as follows....

I’ve had a carista bluetooth obdc reader that was used on my Saab laying around for a while and thought I’d try it on the Merc just out of curiosity to see what it would report on the el.power EPC fault, and it came up with the following -

P0201 - Injector Circuit/Open - Cylinder 1
P0202 - Injector Circuit/Open - Cylinder 2
P0203 - Injector Circuit/Open - Cylinder 3
P0204 - Injector Circuit/Open - Cylinder 4
P0205 - Injector Circuit/Open - Cylinder 5
P0206 - Injector Circuit/Open - Cylinder 6
P1405
P0404 - Exhaust Gas Recirculation "A" Control Circuit Range/Performance
P2033 - Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor Circuit High Bank 1 Sensor 2
P0428 - Catalyst Temperature Sensor Circuit High Bank 1 Sensor 1

OBD2 - pending:
P0244 - Turbocharger/Supercharger Wastegate Solenoid "A" Range/Performance

Now I know the injectors are the wrong ones for my model of Merc but I don’t know if I’m impressed the car knows that they are wrong.

Any further info anyone can give regarding the other faults will be gratefully received. I have looked them up but it’s always better to hear from someone that’s had experience of one or all of the faults. Having had many cars that have had many faults reported I am aware that they are probably cascading from one originating fault but it would be nice if someone could point me in the right direction.

Many thanks

OP
UKMarine

UKMarine

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 S320 L cdi
I would love to but the car has no MOT, tax or insurance and for the life of me I can’t find a mobile mech in this area with star to come out and have a look.

The injector faults look like the injectors themselves because they are the wrong ones for this model car, the other faults with exception to the turbo and catalyst, look to be egr related so I’ll get the new injectors fitted and start at the egr and work backwards.

OP
UKMarine

UKMarine

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 S320 L cdi
Ok, replacement injectors fitted and the epc fault has gone along with all of the injector faults and she's purring like a kitten.

Going to clean the egr today so fingers crossed that it goes well.

OP
UKMarine

UKMarine

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 S320 L cdi
Took the egr out to clean it only to find that where the actuator arm attaches to the motor had snapped.....

So another egr ordered and we’ll see if that helps the ongoing saga....

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom