Fault with Cylinder 4 fuel injector Offset

Trishc1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B CLASS 220 4MATIC SPORT PREMIUM
Hi, hoping for some advise/help.
Engine management light came on, shut down into limp mode, and came up with this code.
My car is out of warranty, but reading back on MB world there was faults with the injectors on 220 cdi engines.
1. Am I causing more problems still driving it with the problem?
2. Has there been any recall, due to the problem of the injectors being a MB design flaw?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
OK so it’s the OM651 Engine, which did indeed have a batch of faulty injectors, however if my memory serves me these were around 2012/2013 maybe 2014 latest. I don’t recall 2015 engines still having these issues. Others will be along shortly no doubt to confirm or otherwise. Back in 2013 I certainly had mine done under warranty and actually as a preventative measure not due to a failure
Sounds like your best bet would be to find a Mercedes Independent to carry out the work asap if I’m right on the problem years rather than MB which will cost you a small fortune.
How long have you had the car yourself?

OP
T

Trishc1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I have had the car two yrs

OP
T

Trishc1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
P02D2 - Cylinder 4 fuel Injector Offset Learning at Min Limit.

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
P02D2 - Cylinder 4 fuel Injector Offset Learning at Min Limit.

It probably needs an injector, as the injector is probably leaking fuel when it should be closed.

Driving it like this for extended periods of time (in limp mode) will block the DPF and use more fuel.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
As above, as long as the engine management light is on the car won't satisfy the requirements to initiate a regen on the DPF eventually clogging it. Fix it sooner rather than later.

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom