Felipe Massa in critical condition after qualifying

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
Missed it today for some reason.. heard he was hurt.. thot is was only the usual safety medical check things.. hopefully as you say he is ok

OP
megah0

megah0

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E300 Diesel...now with less dents!
Various news agencies are listing him as in a "life threatening but stable" condition which basically means on a ventilator in intensive care.

Hopefully he will make a recovery but head injuries are so unpredictable.

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
As he was taken away on a stretcher, he was concious and waved. Barrichello later visited him and said he was talking and OK, so things have gone downhill badly for Felipe. I hope he is OK.

Later footage shown on BBC saw Massa drive over something and it flew back towards him just before he crashed. That was part of Barrichello's suspension.

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
Well in general his head would be mostly proteted, possibly a broken neck or someting similar , but only speculation..

100%Bitch

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
215 CL600, 216 Facelift CL500, 172 SLK55, Nissan Cube, R170 SLK230 & an Auto Trail Comanche.
He got a serious whack in the head. It might have been a bleed in his brain or something for him to go downhill after seemingly being okay.

Not that I'm a doctor or anything.

OP
megah0

megah0

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E300 Diesel...now with less dents!
Indeed, having worked on Intensive Care looking after a variety of trauma patients (burns, RTA, gunshot wounds, electrocutions etc) I can safely say that head injuries are amongst the most complex and dangerous cases we had in.

Bleeding on the brain is a bad thing(tm) there is a lot of swelling involved and nowhere for the brain to go.

Patients can go downhill incredibly quickly. I sincerely hope that he makes a swift and full recovery, the wikipedia page for him states he has a left orbital fracture, with the caution usually reserved for wiki stuff it might look like he is going to be ok.

C

C180 Chris

Oh!
I have been at work all night and not heard any news! Last i heard he was injured but stable and would not be taking part in the next race.

How quickly these things can change!!

Hope he recovers fully.

Splatt

Reaction score
He has a fractured skull, forehead left side where the flying spring smashed his helmet. He also has neck injuries . He was put into a drug induced coma to allow his body a chance to recuperate and not go into shock. They are monitoring his condition with a view as to when they can operate. I think everyone is keeping fingers crossed that he will fully recover,

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Pretty horrific picture here
I hope he recovers

100%Bitch

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
215 CL600, 216 Facelift CL500, 172 SLK55, Nissan Cube, R170 SLK230 & an Auto Trail Comanche.
Pretty horrific picture here
I hope he recovers

That looks absolutely horrendous. I do hope he recovers fully and can drive again. I know motor racing is a dangerous sport, but for somebody's career to be cut short by such a freak incident is terrible.

Splatt

Reaction score
Felipe continues to make progress. From his own website he is able to sit up and talk OK, he has taken a few steps and today is leaving critical care. One big concern , his left eye, they say he has been able to open the eye and confirmed he has sight in it. Looks promising.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I heard thatBMW are pulling out of F1

roadhog

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 300D x2, C124 300
I'm sure he's realistic enough. It won't be easy especially as they're not allowed to test in between races so the first time he gets to drive will be free practice on race weekend. It'll still be good to see him back.

Splatt

Reaction score
I'm sure he's realistic enough. It won't be easy especially as they're not allowed to test in between races so the first time he gets to drive will be free practice on race weekend. It'll still be good to see him back.

I would bet that Schumi has kept his hand in with some track time even if not in the current F1 race car.

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
well i heard on the radio today (or was it yesterday?) straight from schumi's manager that it certainly WONT be schumi racing at the next round in 3 and a half weeks time!

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
Radio yesterday, he wont do another drive,

Radio tonight, "breaking news"!! he will be driving untill massa returns!!

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom