Fighting Fires

OP
J

joderest

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML270 2003
From what i can make out, a large lorry with a loaded caravan (residential type) was coming other way, all cars had to move over, one decided he could not cope and stopped quickly, the car behind stopped the car that daughter hit managed to stop, but daughter was not quick enough, you know the rest.
Its a lesson learned as we have been saying for a few months she needs to leave more room between her and car in front, hard lesson i know, but there you go, we all make mistakes

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
From what i can make out, a large lorry with a loaded caravan (residential type) was coming other way, all cars had to move over, one decided he could not cope and stopped quickly, the car behind stopped the car that daughter hit managed to stop, but daughter was not quick enough, you know the rest.
Its a lesson learned as we have been saying for a few months she needs to leave more room between her and car in front, hard lesson i know, but there you go, we all make mistakes
As long as we learn from them and no one is hurt :)

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi

Luckily my youth took that lesson on board but for some and at much greater ages driving far too close is the norm, how many of us have had the impatient drivers car behind so close you only see their windscreen in your rear view mirror.

As long as she is ok that's the main thing.

M80

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 639 Viano- 651, 5sp Auto. 2009 S211- 646, 5sp Auto.
A few years back the Step daughter passed her test and needed transport for work.
Being the 1st car I bought cheap to reduce disappointment when pranged during the real learning process.
A 205 bought I set about making sure it was safe. She used it for 3 years, it had engine hiccups, she was always glad of my 'have a go and get it sorted' style.

Step Son, always too busy in his bedroom to offer assistance, that be cars or property.
"Passing spanners and servicing heating systems can help you learn. How will you know what to do or know if your being ripped off by a shark when you need work doing?"
"I will learn." A basic response that I took as naff off, all this is below me.

Some time later he passes his test, and rings mummy.
"Congratulations , well done" I say.
"He asks what is the best car to buy".
"A new one" says I. A basic response, well you know.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Luckily my youth took that lesson on board but for some and at much greater ages driving far too close is the norm, how many of us have had the impatient drivers car behind so close you only see their windscreen in your rear view mirror.

As long as she is ok that's the main thing.
When that happens I drop further back as I know I have to brake for those behind me as well.

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
When that happens I drop further back as I know I have to brake for those behind me as well.

Aah but then some little treasure slots in the gap you make, I think I am ready for self driving cars for getting around.

My last journey, 33 miles or so was entirely humdrum.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Aah but then some little treasure slots in the gap you make, I think I am ready for self driving cars for getting around.

My last journey, 33 miles or so was entirely humdrum.
I can see how that makes people angry/upset, however you have to remember you’ve not gone backwards you’re still going forward to your destination and maintaining a safe distance for you and the person behind.

You’re also in the Mercedes so you’ve already got there :):D:p:cool:

M80

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 639 Viano- 651, 5sp Auto. 2009 S211- 646, 5sp Auto.
I like the buffer zone in front also.
Be nice to have the same behind but too many find my buffer zone up front frustrating, apparently.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I like the buffer zone in front also.
Be nice to have the same behind but too many find my buffer zone up front frustrating, apparently.
I find in the Land Rover I get plenty of space both in front and behind :rolleyes:. Perhaps it’s ever so slightly imposing as it has some quite substantial steelwork on the front back and sides. It can also coal roll with the best of them :D (it will do 90 pretty easily...) (although nicer drive at 60-65)

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
I can see how that makes people angry/upset, however you have to remember you’ve not gone backwards you’re still going forward to your destination and maintaining a safe distance for you and the person behind.

You’re also in the Mercedes so you’ve already got there :):D:p:cool:

I never thought I was going backwards, just don't like having to accommodate people who aren't as interested in mine and others safety as I am.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I never thought I was going backwards, just don't like having to accommodate people who aren't as interested in mine and others safety as I am.
When many people get inside their rigid steel safety cell thoughts about other people and their safety never cross their brain cell.

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom