Finally found rear coil springs for ML 320

steve1972

Reaction score
My car went for its M.O.T. two weeks ago and failed on broken rear coil springs,the garage said that the spring and shocker are supplied together,this cost of this was coming in at nearly £800 including the labour costs.
I have been checking various forums to see if this was a good price and noticed that this is a common fault.I contacted a local garage(not the dealership)and the owner said that he had came across this problem before,that garage got a set of springs and fitted them so this saved me the cost of having to replace the shocker aswell.The cost of the springs was £80 each and the labour cost was alot cheaper.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Welcome to the forum Steve, as you say you can save a lot of money by double checking

OP
S

steve1972

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply Malcolm

mikestrivens

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1995 W124 320TE, 1998 R129 SL500, 2016 Triumph Tiger 800 XCx
Just as well you didn't have the AMG suspension as I believe those springs are something like £400 each rather than the £80 for normal springs.

Stomper

Reaction score
Hi Steve, any idea where the garage got the springs from as I am currently looking for a set for my ml430 which I believe are the same as for the 320.
Many Thanks Dave.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A very good firm called "LESJÖFORS" specialize in ML springs, you should get them via you local parts supplier

MarkF

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML 270CDi
Hi Malcolm,

Do you have any contact infor for the spring supplier, I'dont need them at the moment but its always good to have the information just in case.

Regards

Mark

Stomper

Reaction score
Many thanks Malcolm. Looks like SES autoparts is the main supplier and there is one local to me in Swansea. Will give them a bell tomorrow. Cheers Dave.

MarkF

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML 270CDi
Malcolm,

Thanks for this your a true gent, will have to meet one of these days.

Regards

Mark

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Malcolm,

Thanks for this your a true gent, will have to meet one of these days.

Regards

Mark

This was all pure coincidence, I was in the little room reading a trade journal and I saw the advertisement, where it said springs for ML's :D:D:D

kim1

Reaction score
My car went for its M.O.T. two weeks ago and failed on broken rear coil springs,the garage said that the spring and shocker are supplied together,this cost of this was coming in at nearly £800 including the labour costs.
I have been checking various forums to see if this was a good price and noticed that this is a common fault.I contacted a local garage(not the dealership)and the owner said that he had came across this problem before,that garage got a set of springs and fitted them so this saved me the cost of having to replace the shocker aswell.The cost of the springs was £80 each and the labour cost was alot cheaper.

Hi, my car has just failed mot as well due to the same problem, was wondering where you got the parts from and which garage you used to have them done, my garage has not done this job before either so are not able to give me labour charges at the moment. Thanks in advance

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom