Finance on a cls

gizze

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
5 Series Touring + 911 Carrera 4
This is the sort of stuff I'd expect from a spotty teenager having a tantrum ....

Go on son, put the shovel away, there's a good lad.

I tell you what.

Rather than stupid comments, you point out why you are right?

drmw

Reaction score
Website
www.autonomed.co.uk
Your Mercedes
M6 Cab - prior to that, SL63 AMG, A-M V8 Vantage, SL55, SL500 and many more
As I said already, everyone is entitled to his/her opinion.

There is no call for confrontation or insult.

There are however limits to what is acceptable and what is not in relation to the manner in which the opinion is forwarded and you are straddling that line.

That's the proverbial "two strikes"

gizze

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Maybe I take these things to heart?

Most things I let go over my head, but this thread has some utter nonsense being spurted.

I will bow out, and I apologise to anyone I have offended, but please, this is a big decision for someone, so while opinions are great, please make sure they are posted as opinions and not as fact.

Gkinghorn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 CDI Cabriolet - 2011
Have to admit I have re-read all of my posts and I can't actually see where I am wrong although a lot of what I say , and others , is simply an 'opinion' and my buying cars etc has been true in terms of HP owing on them.

Not quite sure where this is going other than one persons strong defence of his way to do this is the right way and the best way ...
Not sure he said the only way but based on the contempt for others views it seems he may well also believe it is the only way. I think that's the issue at hand now tbh....

Peter De La Mare

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
15 reg E63, 14 reg Smart Passion and 64reg Caterham Levante.
I have both bought and sold a car where outstanding finance was involved.

I did it the way Gizze describes. Outstanding finance isn't something to be afraid of. A LOT of new/recent cars are financed, not so much for older stuff.

hawk20

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML250 BlueTEC Sport
Trouble is here that what gizze has posted is correct about how to buy a car when there is outstanding finance. Just a few points: -
Gkinghorn says the seller should pay off the finance before he tries to sell the car. Lovely idea but very few who have bought on finance could afford to do that.
Correct way to do it is to contact the finance company and take their advice -which will be very similar to how gizze describes. I have done it that way and it works fine.

All I would stress is keep the finance company in the loop.

The seller has a perfect right to sell. It is not in any way fraud to seek to sell a car with finance on it, so long as you intend to pay off the finance and actually do so.
What most sellers on finance need is virtually simultaneous sale and settlement. And that is what the finance companies want, too

My advice would be: - do not be afraid of buying cars with finance on them (that will be most relatively new cars -but fewer older cars as you might expect). Just be careful and get the advice of the finance company on exactly how to proceed. Remember legally they are the 'owner' and are hiring the car to the guy who is 'selling'. The 'seller' can sell with the permission of the finance company and/or by settling in full what is owed as a settlement figure.

It is much easier to go through dealers! And avoids a lot of the confusion shown in this thread. But you normally pay more.:(

Last edited:

Mcobinad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W219 Designo Black paint, R500 W251, CL600 W216
Having read all the posts, I must say that everyone has a vital point regarding this issue. No one has a better view than the other. In this case we must all agree to disagree.

Hang on a second guys, it's like the OP is nowhere to be found to give us feedback
smiley-65.gif

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Having read all the posts, I must say that everyone has a vital point regarding this issue. No one has a better view than the other. In this case we must all agree to disagree.

Hang on a second guys, it's like the OP is nowhere to be found to give us feedback
smiley-65.gif

He was disappointed but he must do it the correct way and contact the finance company, it is their car after all.

blaser24nig

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Stunning SL350 - Gone
Happy Christmas guys/ladies...

For my own little 2 pence.

I have bought at least 4 cars that were on finance and was only scared to do so on the 1st one, after that it became easy.

You want to buy a car but its on finance,
You and the buyer ring the finance company to confirm amount owing on the car,
You both go to the bank and settle the finance,
finance company agrees that there is no outstanding finance on the car and the car is all yours,
You get the V5 signed and the rest of the stuff you do and DRIVE away.

And yes it really is that simple.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded

I have bought at least 4 cars that were on finance and was only scared to do so on the 1st one, after that it became easy.

finance company agrees that there is no outstanding finance on the car and the car is all yours,

Thanks and the only safe way :D:D:D

gizze

Reaction score
Your Mercedes

You must be mental!!!!

Outstanding finance?? Probably mob related. Don't just walk away, Run!!!!! :lol:

Top Bottom