First Time Benz Buyer

razortheking

New Registration
Reaction score
My lovely sister in law has a passion for a Mercedes CLK Convertible....in black. She took me to see one in London at the weekend and I was really shocked at the state of the interior !! The car is a 2003 Final Edition with
velour type seats trimed with leather and has covered 36,000 from new.

The velour is all peeling away from the seat base cover and the back cover
is this normal ?? This sort of wear is making me question the mileage.

I am an Audi buyer and know little about CLK's other than they are a super motor..anybody else seen this sort of thing...??
:confused::confused:

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
My lovely sister in law has a passion for a Mercedes CLK Convertible....in black. She took me to see one in London at the weekend and I was really shocked at the state of the interior !! The car is a 2003 Final Edition with
velour type seats trimmed with leather and has covered 36,000 from new.

The velour is all peeling away from the seat base cover and the back cover
is this normal ?? This sort of wear is making me question the mileage.

I am an Audi buyer and know little about CLK's other than they are a super motor..anybody else seen this sort of thing...??
:confused::confused:

You are absolutely correct to be shocked. In my experience the upholstery on MB is extremely durable, whether it be the basic fabric, velour (uncommon I think), MB Tex (or the newer equivalent), leather or something posher like alcantara.

From your description it sounds as though you need to put a 1 in front of the 36,000, if not a 2!

The interior of a car is also an excellent barometer of how it has been treated generally - so if the seats are in tatters, don't expect mechanical excellence.

Have a good look round the market - you will soon conclude that the one you have seen is most unusual.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Welcome to the forum.

As Alex above looking at some more will show you how good they are

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom