fitting a full length sunroof into a 2000 W210 facelift

M4MSC

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2000'w' e220 cdi w210
hi, i am toying with fitting a generic full length electric sunroof into my 2000 w210 model e class saloon, as i haven't yet removed the headlining to see what i will be encounting underneath before cutting i was wondering if anyone has any photo's of the inner roof panel with the headlining removed so i know what i'm dealing with?, or if anyone has any dimensions of how much free roof panel there is that can be cut away without touching any of the inner roof structural surround box sections? i have not bought a suitable sunroof as of yet until i know what is the largest size of sunroof that can be fitted or is suitable (i understand the sunroof has to be a similar curvature as the roof panel itself, & that the motion sensors will need to be located, headlining cut, airbag location etc), cheers in advance of any help, many thanks, M4MSC.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom