Fitting an Emulator for SRS on Mercedes C320

Spike5036

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Merced benz c320i
Hi

I have a Mercedes benz C320 and it has been modified inside as an AMG
(such as the seats and steering wheel etc)
However the AMG seats that are installed have more airbags than the previous seats and this has caused the SRS light to stay on continously.

I have read online that this can be resolved by fitting a Seat Occupancy Sensor Emulator and that once fitted the SRS light can be reset by a Diagnosis machine.

I wondered if anyone has had any experience installing an emulator in there car or if anyone has had the same problem or if you could recommend any mechanic/auto technician that would be able to fit for me?

I am based in Hampshire and I do not mind travelling as I would like to resolve this asap.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

bigasotonuk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43/55 AMG 1999 / C230K 1997
Hi,
Did you fit the seats? If so simply put the original seat occupancy pad and wiring/socket from your original seat into the new seat.

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
Not sure if this is a good idea, fitting the original seat pad sensor,the extra air bags need to be properly wired... I'm sure there is an AMG seat wiring loom that will plug into your main wiring harness that will solve your problem.

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
Not sure if this is a good idea, fitting the original seat pad sensor,the extra air bags need to be properly wired... I'm sure there is an AMG seat wiring loom that will plug into your main wiring harness that will solve your problem.

not entirely sure why it wouldnt be a good idea. if the original seats didnt have the extra airbags, the car is probably from an era where they werent deemed necessary (or not necessary with the available performance) so reverting back to only the airbags fitted in the original seats, shouldnt be an issue, i wouldnt have thought.

might be different on later cars but my pre facelift 203 didnt have ANY airbags in the seats at all. the bags were in the door cards etc, so it may well just be the occupancy sensor in the new seats thats faulty and not an issue with any airbags

Top Bottom