Fitting Electrical folding exterior mirrors in my 2006 A Class

avantsupreme

Reaction score
Hi I have just bought a 2006 A170 A Class and was wondering if anyone could tell me how much it would cost to have a MB dealer fit electrical folding exterior mirrors. My MB dealer is taking ages to get back to me with a price!!! Also has anyone had any extra options fitted to a used A class?

Many Thanks.

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
This I think would be a pretty expensive exercise ..mirrors ,looms and switches etc to be fitted..

hawk20

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML250 BlueTEC Sport
I think it is a factory fit option only. But you may be lucky.

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
You need to change the mirror heads and both door control modules and recode the door controllers and SAM, as X/F, pretty expensive job!!

ncooper

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1984 Mercedes Benz 280 SL,1993 Mercedes Benz 190E Manual,1993 Mercedes Benz 190E Auto
You need to change the mirror heads and both door control modules and recode the door controllers and SAM, as X/F, pretty expensive job!!

Remember the days when a mirror was just a simple device made of glass and metal to let you see backwards?:)

Regards,
Nick

jhbg14572

Reaction score
Hello all,

Avantesupreme wanted to know what other peoples extras were, well I have reverse sensors both audio and visual, massage seat covers, lockable fuel cap, sat nav, extra cigarette lighter some more things I can't remember, all of these were bought affter the car and fitted as and when, more to come.

OP
A

avantsupreme

Reaction score
My local MB dealer said that this could not be done!!! So I shall just live with the non folding mirrors :( . I am planning to keep this car for 2/3 years so hopefully next time I shall pay attention and make sure I have those electric folding mirrors!

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
Thats what they say, it can be done, we did a few when i was at the dealers!!

jhbg14572

Reaction score
My A class came with a lockable cover but no lockable filler cap (or is that what you mean?)

hawk20

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML250 BlueTEC Sport
My A class came with a lockable cover but no lockable filler cap (or is that what you mean?)

That is the system. When you lock the car the flap locks to keep thieves at bay. And the advantage is that you don't need a key when you have the car in use and therefore unlocked.

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom