Fitting multi changer

Dave Richardson

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Clk/2000/320
Hi I'm trying to find if there is wiring in place for a multi changer in the boot. I want to remove side trim from inside the boot, or does anyone know where the wiring would be. Thanks in advance. Dave

David Richardson

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W176 Blue Eff CY Sport CDI & C Class Coupe 2002 220CDI
Hi Dave, Afraid that I can't help you with your enquiry however nice to say hello to a fellow member with the same name

David Richardson Plymouth

Jose Bush

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 230 Cabriolet
Hi Dave
I have a W208 Cabriolet with a Cd Changer in the Boot. It is located on the Drivers side in the well beside the Battery.There is a wiring loom of three wires and a pair of orange fibre optic cables too, I know that the fibre optics run up around the back of the battery, then through under the seat and run along the drivers side of the car under the door trim then up above the drivers foot well and into the radio compartment.
Hope this helps

OP
D

Dave Richardson

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Clk/2000/320
Hi Dave
I have a W208 Cabriolet with a Cd Changer in the Boot. It is located on the Drivers side in the well beside the Battery.There is a wiring loom of three wires and a pair of orange fibre optic cables too, I know that the fibre optics run up around the back of the battery, then through under the seat and run along the drivers side of the car under the door trim then up above the drivers foot well and into the radio compartment.
Hope this helps
Thanks very much.

Alfie

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.comand.co.uk
Your Mercedes
A150 manual, smart forTwo, W205 AMG line premium plus.
This all depends on the model year of your car.

If its s W208 CLK then its the boot mounted D2B changer. The fibre and wiring is only there if the car came from factory with the changer installed.

If its s W209 upto MY2004 its the D2B changer in the glove box. Far easier to install. Again wiring only there if car came with changer.

If its a MY2005 or newer CLK then again its in the glove box but its the MOST version. Again wiring only there if car was ordered with changer.

Assuming your car is a 2000 CLK then its the W208 version.

OP
D

Dave Richardson

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Clk/2000/320
This all depends on the model year of your car.

If its s W208 CLK then its the boot mounted D2B changer. The fibre and wiring is only there if the car came from factory with the changer installed.

If its s W209 upto MY2004 its the D2B changer in the glove box. Far easier to install. Again wiring only there if car came with changer.

If its a MY2005 or newer CLK then again its in the glove box but its the MOST version. Again wiring only there if car was ordered with changer.

Assuming your car is a 2000 CLK then its the W208 version.
Thanks very much wasn't factory fitted so looks like I need to add the wiring, what do I need to buy?

Alfie

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.comand.co.uk
Your Mercedes
A150 manual, smart forTwo, W205 AMG line premium plus.
Thanks very much wasn't factory fitted so looks like I need to add the wiring, what do I need to buy?

You need a D2B fibre optic pair to run from audio unit to the boot space plus a power loom (live, earth and wake up)

Jose Bush

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 230 Cabriolet
You need a D2B fibre optic pair to run from audio unit to the boot space plus a power loom (live, earth and wake up)
Cheers Dave

Hi Dave I don't know if you are looking at fitting a Mercedes unit or an after market unit . I am not sure the Mercedes equipment has great Longevity.
My W208 CD changer failed after being on I got a static crackle and then the head unit says no CD. I got a replacement Cd Changer from a breaker and I removed the fibre too. Thought I had cracked it but exactly the same thing happened, even using the other fibre. Also got a replacement Head off ebay but no matter which combination of bits I use the same issue is there the only thing I have not done is changed the power cable.

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom