Fixed wing mirrors

axe220cdi

Reaction score
Chaps,
I have a 53 plate e-class (W211) with fixed wing mirrors.
Can i manually fold them back if necessary?
They are spring-loaded and i am terrified i might break them if i push too hard. Can someone please advise?
Alex.:confused:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
They are spring loaded, and you can push them in, if they have never been folded , or not folded for some time, spray some PTFE into the fulcrum point under the mirror

thlonguk

Reaction score
Clipped W202 o/s wing mirror

Hello chaps, new to the forum and really enjoying being a part of this interesting and helpful community. Started with a 114 230/6, then a 190e and just got a C240 Sport Est which is simply great to drive.But someone clipped the o/s wing mirror which made the outer casing come off the frame and the heated mirror glass dangling on its cabling. How should I try a fix of the problem? Have tried sticky tape for the glass but it vibrates on a drive and though the cover can be pushed back against the frame, it works loose in a few days.
Keith

5pares

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320cdi
Theres a metal clip on the top of the mirror glass,push it back onto the motor,bottom first then clip the top in,this can be done with the casing off so you can see what your doing.The casing is held on with a metal wedge on the back of the frame near the door.

ibosscat

Reaction score
Again Fixed Door Mirrors

Hi,
I have a 1997 E300 and although the mirror heads move, I always release the trapped water after washing, but will these also fold flat.:confused:
(With Care!!)

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom