Folding Mirrors Wiring Diagram

junky1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK
Hi,

I have a 2008 CLK w209 with folding mirrors, however both of them don't fold either via the mirror control panel or via locking or unlocking the car.
I'm unsure of how to open the mirror from the outside to remove the glass and could perhaps do with a wiring diagram please.

At first I the mirror adjustment wasn't working correctly for either side, in that if I pressed the up button the mirror would move down.....so I swapped the switch and resolved the issue there.

On a side note does any happen to know what the tolerances are for the rear sub frame adjustment or movement, because when I measure the wheel distance from the front to rear (front centre of front the hub to the rear hub) , the passenger side is approx 5mm more. I was wondering if this is acceptable or needs to looking at thks in advance people.

After many years of owning VW's and Audi's this is some what new to me.

OP
J

junky1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK
Update on the mirrors

Have managed to work out the following:

1. there is power going from the switch to the door connector which plugs into the mirror
2. there is power in pin 15 and pin 16 when the pressing the switch to open or close.
3. the issue is with the mirror motor or the wiring in the mirror then
4. checked wiring is correct, however the small connector for the mirror was disconnected, clue there
5. plugged it back in , the mirrors opened and closed a few times, then stopped, no strange noises
6. So need to take it apart again and see what can be done with the motor.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
This problem is caused by broken wires normally, rather than the motor.

You need to get the car on a ramp to check for wear in the subframe bushes, when these bushes are worn you usually get torque steering, accelerate and the car changes coarse.

OP
J

junky1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK
Thks Television- I will take it apart again and check the wiring but , find it odd that once reconnected the plug inside the mirror housing to what I think is the motor, it worked several times and after I put everything back together it then just stopped.

Also any idea if I can access the motor to inspect it or lubricate it, thks in advance

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
These little motor are not possible to do anything with as all sealed.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom