Folding wing mirrors when you close the car?

reuben

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes CLK W209 270 cdi
Hi, just working down this list of things I wanted to figure out.

I have a button to make the wing mirrors fold in/out on my CLK W209 270 cdi. Is it possible to set it up so they fold in automatically when I lock the vehicle?

If so, how?

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
I think if you have a control button then it isnt part of the onboard convenience... but you could try using the steering wheel buttons finding the convenience menu, then the + @- button to set the mirrors to fold in when locking.. this normally comes up as on or off..

taffbrake@hotmail.com

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
190e2lt 190e2.6 c220 c220cdi202 c220cd203 w211
Don't know if it helps? but on my car a 211 avantgarde that function takes place every time I lock the car, the mirrors fold in.even though I have the switch inside to do it manually. oh and the mirrors fold out as soon as i put the ignition key in.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
This really depends on the year of the car,, 2003 is the change year,,some can and some cannot,, many good indies can do this on STAR if the they know how

OP
R

reuben

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I'll have a go today - I guess if its not in the menu then its a no go?

amwebby

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W215
From memory, if you have to hold the button in to make the mirrors fold in or out it's not programmable via star, if it is a one-touch operation then it is. I have to hold the button on mine. :-(

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
From memory, if you have to hold the button in to make the mirrors fold in or out it's not programmable via star, if it is a one-touch operation then it is. I have to hold the button on mine. :-(

I have the 1 touch but not possible on mine,,and it has been on STAR, at the same time as a 2003 203. Maybe it is to do with the change over to MOST

Wirral_guy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2004 CLK270cdi Avantgarde
Reuben

I have a 2004 ('54 plate) W209 Avantgarde and the option to have auto fold mirrors is in the convenience sub-menu on mine. If you have the owners manual you can find the details on page 140 onwards (and more detail on the mirrors on page 170).

.....or do what I do and keep hitting the steering wheel buttons until you stumble across the right menu option :confused::confused::D

From reading other posts on here I believe that the wires going to the mirrors are prone to breaking because of the constant fold-in/out so I have left the option off and fold them when in public car-parks.

Dave

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Reuben

I have a 2004 ('54 plate) W209 Avantgarde and the option to have auto fold mirrors is in the convenience sub-menu on mine. If you have the owners manual you can find the details on page 140 onwards (and more detail on the mirrors on page 170).

.....or do what I do and keep hitting the steering wheel buttons until you stumble across the right menu option :confused::confused::D

From reading other posts on here I believe that the wires going to the mirrors are prone to breaking because of the constant fold-in/out so I have left the option off and fold them when in public car-parks.

Dave

I am not bothered either, as I have no wish to fold them every time I park, some say that when folded, you can see that the car is locked.
But not for me

OP
R

reuben

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Ok so I tried to find it - its not in the convenience menu so I'm thinking that its not possible on my model. Its a 52 plate. The buttons are one touch though - you just press them once and they fold in (rather than pressing and holding).

What do you all mean by 'Star' ?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Ok so I tried to find it - its not in the convenience menu so I'm thinking that its not possible on my model. Its a 52 plate. The buttons are one touch though - you just press them once and they fold in (rather than pressing and holding).

What do you all mean by 'Star' ?

I have seen techies trying to do this on a 52 plate car and it is not possible.. STAR is the MB test set for programming the electronics on our cars

OP
R

reuben

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Ok, its no biggie. I suppose you only need it when you are street parked anyway.

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom